Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 08:37 AM

102 posts, read 468,152 times

Advertisements

we live in rockville nice safe lots of "tech" jobs around here schools are top notch we recently located here in feb. our rent is 1500 for a 2 bed. 2 bath w/ all the amenities. Honestly less than this per month is going to land you a VERY unsafe area and you won't like your neighbors. To get a "new nice" 2b/2b in rockville its @1800-2200 a month. we are close to the metro. Which makes going into DC nice. We also have kids 5 & 4.

PM me if you want to know more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 02:23 PM

57 posts, read 196,744 times
Actually, I love the cold more than the heat, but was just throwing that into the overall bad mix of weather in MD. You can't have it all, and given the choice I'd rather have a semi-tolerable summer. And I don't live in Maryland to be in the desert (I prefer humidity and greenery), but that's what it seems like it's been most of the past several summers. The plants come out like nuts in spring, then the rains vanish, and you get entire wilted, drying out forests and brown lawns, which are ugly and depressing simply because they're not supposed to look that way. It's especially charming when the deciduous trees shed their leaves in August because they're so drought-stressed.

Anyway, the weather is the least of the problems in MD - it's only a problem when your scamming apartment complex doesn't provide AC that can run for less than $15/day and 2 gallons of freon per year! Counting the days til I'm out of here...

Old 07-13-2007, 06:57 PM

6 posts, read 24,645 times
Poolesville is a great little town in Montgomery County. It's about 25 minutes from Rockville and there is no crime here. It's small town living where you can sleep peacefully at night. Daycare in town is about $1025. Single family houses on a 1/4 acre go from 450-500k or you can rent a house for about 2k.

Old 07-17-2007, 05:33 PM

692 posts, read 1,732,238 times
I have lived in Prince Georges County my entire life. I have never been the victim of crime. I walk through my neighborhood on regular basis. Sometimes up to 4.5 miles. What do I see during my walks, children playing in their yards, neighbors walking their pets, joggers, fellow walkers, and cars passing by on the road as people make their way home. I know their is crime in the county. Crime is everywhere. But I am not afraid to leave my home. Prince Georges County is not the horror of Maryland. It is the second wealthiest county in Maryland. It is also a county in transition. While the school system is not where it should be, test scores for students have improved steadily for the past five years. While crime in some areas has become a problem the police force has been increased to adress it.

Old 07-19-2007, 06:21 PM

70 posts, read 273,676 times
I do not live in Maryland- yet- but I must say, hotpads.com has helped my apartment search. Then I go on apartmentratings.com to see what people say about it

Old 07-21-2007, 04:59 AM

135 posts, read 707,704 times
My advice..STAY IN PHOENIX....lol...We are heading out your way instead of staying here...after 36 years of living here..i have done everything possible to do here....ocean city gets boring after that many years and the mountains well thats nice, but nothing to do unless you ski or boat...

Old 08-19-2007, 12:10 AM

8 posts, read 31,285 times
Avg daycare cost where my 2 yr old is 150/wk 6am-6pm in baltimore really nice house nice ladies
Avg rent in balto County area 2 bedroom den $1000
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland