U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 12:53 AM

1,463 posts, read 5,780,924 times

Advertisements

Man you need to travel some....Maryland weather is great in my book. One major snowstorm every year and a balmy 55 avg for the most part......I got no complaints and highly recommend you visit the midwest, northwest, northeast before you complain, that weather really sucks.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2007, 07:41 AM

471 posts, read 1,682,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin2212 View Post
Wow I'm surprised you can be "depressed" from too much sunshine. It seems everyone wants to move to Nevada, Arizona, or Florida for the sun.

And yeah Oregon and Washington State are too rainy for me.
Oh and what about "go tanning"? I don't think so! I like the go outside and get "real" sun! I'm very outdoorsy, I like hiking, biking, swiming, diving, you name it. I have been born and raised in maryland and like other people who transplanted here I am just tired of the place I grew up in. Even living in another part of Maryland is not to much for me. I would've never went to NC right after college, its' too slow for younger single people (in my opinion). I can't relate to being in Northern NY (NYC yes!) so I don't know what you went through as far as weathe but I have heard from folk who lived there about the very bad snow. The fact that when I leave its' dark and when I come home its' dark in the winter is what I hate. We do have mild winters, but my arthritis kills me in the fall and winter... If I want to see changing weather i could always fly back and see my family and friends here in Maryland Then again, everyone's weather is not everyone else's forte either, its all in what you want to deal with.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:20 AM

18 posts, read 80,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTripGurl View Post
Oh and what about "go tanning"? I don't think so! I like the go outside and get "real" sun!

"Go Tanning"....Wow what is that supposed to mean. It was a helpful tip for those who don't get any winter sunshine as I don't in Oregon.......how about you come here and experience it first hand before being sarastic. You wouldn't survive one winter. We are in June already and we have had more cloudy & rainy days than sunny days.

Gosh what a stupid comment.....If we had the beautiful sunny days I would be out....duh!!!!

Old 06-13-2007, 09:59 AM

856 posts, read 2,159,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin2212 View Post
Wow I'm surprised you can be "depressed" from too much sunshine. It seems everyone wants to move to Nevada, Arizona, or Florida for the sun.

And yeah Oregon and Washington State are too rainy for me.
6 months of constant bright sun and glare get to a person after awhile. The sun seems so high out there and there is very little cloud cover. When people complain about the winters here (which I don't think are too bad), I think about being stuck inside from the heat. I love the occasional cool/rainy day. Love the variety. Love turning off the AC and opening the windows and hearing the birds.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:53 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,957,755 times
I'd get little bored if it's sunny and 70 degrees year round, so I like variety in weather ... among other things

I don't mind the winters here as long as it does snow, but I don't like the humidity. Nothing is worse than a cold and dry winter, or a long hot humid summer with a string of 95+ degree days lasting for weeks.

Old 06-13-2007, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative View Post
I'd get little bored if it's sunny and 70 degrees year round, so I like variety in weather ... among other things

I don't mind the winters here as long as it does snow, but I don't like the humidity. Nothing is worse than a cold and dry winter, or a long hot humid summer with a string of 95+ degree days lasting for weeks.
70 year round? That could be nice!

Old 06-13-2007, 04:27 PM

4,382 posts, read 15,622,104 times
From my balcony 30 minutes ago

Old 06-13-2007, 05:06 PM

131 posts, read 647,370 times
Awesome photos! The worst of the storm missed me here in southern Bel Air, but I could hear some nasty thunder in the distance.

Old 06-14-2007, 07:59 AM

471 posts, read 1,682,961 times
it wasn't a "stupid" comment britgirl it was my opinion. I wouldn't last which is why I wouldn't move to your state. Tanning doesn't do anything for me if it is still gloomy outside, i can't hike and bike in gloom or cold weather... I did add at the end of my comment Then again, everyone's weather is not everyone else's forte either, its all in what you want to deal with. I don't understand why your getting so touchy... And for the record, I don't need to visit in order to know I couldn't live there.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:12 AM

Absolutely love the pics!! We moved to PA last year (we live right next to the border with MD and we both work in MD) and I was so disapointed that we didn't have any big thunderstorms last spring. We had lived in Al, GA, NC where large thunderstorms are almost a daily thing. I'm loving it this year. I think this area has almost perfect weather. Today is gloomy, overcast with a high of 71. Yesterday was warm with thunderstorms a bit of hail (no damage). Where else can one have relatively mild winters and have a surprise day like this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or