U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2010, 08:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,766 times

Advertisements

I am wondering what to do. I granted my neighbor a road easement when he was building in 2006. During the meeting with the notary, the neighbor, and my wife the orginal document included lots of road condition rules that my wife and I found unacceptable, we crossed it all out, we all initialed it and signed it with the notary present. The neighbor said he would provide us a copy and yes I never followed up. Now, 4 years later, an issue came up this past week about a property line question. When i brought it to his attention he said he was right and he would file a law suit. I then started to collect the legal docs and pulled documentation from the county (maryland) including the easement. I found that the document that I signed was not the document that I saw and signed. The language is on the first page and the signatures were on the second page.

He included language stated we have a "road maintenance agreement" which I have never seen before. What do I do. He is not a nice neighbor (well only when he wants something) and I just want to be able to know my rights.

Any suggestions and has anyone ever been able to revoke a road easement. he would still have public road access but through another location and NOT on my driveway. I doubt it but I can dream.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland