Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 04:03 PM

22 posts, read 130,291 times

Advertisements

1. High Cost of Living

2. Maryland has one of the highest population density in the United States with 542 people per square mile.

3. Rude People.

4. Congested Roads which fuels Road Rage.

5. There's no great in-state rivalry for College Football. (We're missing out from such matchups other states have like Texas vs. Texas A & M, Alabama vs. Auburn, South Carolina vs. Clemson, and many more.)

6. Too many D.C. Elites lives in Maryland. They are disconnected from reality.

7. High Taxes

8. High rate of Crime in Baltimore City and Prince George's County, enough said.

9. The Tyranny of Montgomery County where they regulate everything to death. (No smoking in any of restaurants, bars, despite it is a private establishment and should be free from government intrusion)

10. One Party Machine in the State where they control virtually everything in the State.

If you live in the State of Maryland and you have a brain. Get out! Now I'm living in the American South, in the Great State of South Carolina.

Old 06-14-2007, 07:36 PM

1,389 posts, read 6,301,367 times
No one wants to move to South Carolina. Nothing is in South Carolina. You must be bored out your mind right now in South Carolina. My family an dI will never never move down south even if they were giving away homes. In South Carolina everything is slow. Maryland have alot more opportunity then down South as far as growing a very successful business. The income,high paying jobs,excitement,fun,joy. I tend to find people down south as not very motivated people.

Old 06-15-2007, 07:03 AM

7,017 posts, read 11,310,963 times
Judge, what part of MD did you live in? Many parts of the state are nothing like what you described.

Old 06-15-2007, 07:10 AM

119 posts, read 610,710 times
judge, I live in the south with low population density and there is plenty of road rage here. I attribute it to two factors: Nascar Nation (everyone drives stick and thinks he/she is Dale Jr), and the fact that drunk driving does not have the social stigma attached to it here that it does in MD. People laugh and joke about driving home from the bar "wasted" all the time. I know I'm going to get flamed by The South, but oh well

Old 06-15-2007, 07:45 AM

471 posts, read 1,830,269 times
Hey hey don't be bashing SC! My family is from SC and it depends on what part of SC you are in. I attribute my upbringing to the values I learned while in SC, NOT in Maryland. Everything is slower in SC because MD is faster paced, just like when my friends from NJ come to visit me, they MD is too slow because NJ is very fast paced. I think it depends on how fast paced you want your environment to be. SC is not on my relocation list, but I feel you on why you moved. It will get old soon, especially if I want to sell and buy another house... I'm sure other haters are going to post, but in reality some people act like Maryland is the best state in the US and the other 49 should recieve no other consideration; some people will never leave here, period.

Old 06-15-2007, 08:12 AM

1,605 posts, read 3,917,847 times
I'm not a fan of Maryland neither, but the South? In my case, at least, the South would be jumping from the frying pan into the oven. My personal plan is to move from the West Coast, Northwestern, or Southwestern US after I graduate. And if I have to live in the DC area, I'd much rather prefer NoVA. IMO, it has northern efficiency, southern kindness, and western social acceptance.

Old 06-15-2007, 03:54 PM

South Carolina is the location of only BMW factory in the United States. We have low taxes, low cost of living and a well educated work force that convinced the Germans to establish their first North American Factory in Greenville, South Carolina. So there's a lot of opportunity down South.

Old 06-15-2007, 03:55 PM

Westsideboy, I grew up in Montgomery County, Maryland. You can refer to # 9 of what I think of where I used to live.

Old 06-15-2007, 03:56 PM

1,463 posts, read 6,221,924 times
Lmao...You have obviousily not lived anywhere else to compare MD-Nova-DC too. I love the DC region and Baltimore even with all the stupid crime. Their is nothing that comes close to whats offered except for maybe San Fran, NY, and Seattle.The opportunities are amazing and you have multiple sources for an education. Their is ZERO reasons why anybody can not succeed regardless of race or gender. Yeah its expensive but you know what I love about America??? Is that your allowed to make more money.......

Old 06-15-2007, 04:06 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,403,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Terror View Post
South Carolina is the location of only BMW factory in the United States. We have low taxes, low cost of living and a well educated work force that convinced the Germans to establish their first North American Factory in Greenville, South Carolina. So there's a lot of opportunity down South.
Actually this is very true.
The South Carolina / Georgia hub offers more tech jobs outside of the San Fran valley than any other place in America. Engineering is also heavy from Greenville though Knoxville to Huntsville.

The NEW South is nothing like the old South. Though still conservative (a main reason for success) the Atlanta Georgia area is the fastes growing metro region in America. Greenville and Charleston South Carolina are listed annually in Money Magazine, Forbes, and AARP as growth in business and retirment mecca's

Outside of Government jobs Maryland has just about chased every business out of the state due it's oppressive taxation

Last edited by Georgia; 06-16-2007 at 06:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland