Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 06:25 AM

11 posts, read 36,212 times

Advertisements

Mookie -

I know when your name comes up on the list for a Dennis town marina slip - they will only allow you to pay for the slip for (1) year w/o a boat.

In Barnstable - if you don't have a boat they will keep you on the list and keep calling you each year and ask if you are interested this year. If you aren't, you pay another year - and they call you next year.

We will be coming up in the next year or two in Dennis and we will buy a small boat just to keep the slip.

Things are definitely different now - I know last couple years there have been slips at Skippys, Bass River, and Mayfair.

(Bass River and Mayfair can not handle sails - bridges to go under).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2010, 05:40 PM

88 posts, read 189,861 times
Default Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytees View Post
Mookie -

I know when your name comes up on the list for a Dennis town marina slip - they will only allow you to pay for the slip for (1) year w/o a boat.

In Barnstable - if you don't have a boat they will keep you on the list and keep calling you each year and ask if you are interested this year. If you aren't, you pay another year - and they call you next year.

We will be coming up in the next year or two in Dennis and we will buy a small boat just to keep the slip.

Things are definitely different now - I know last couple years there have been slips at Skippys, Bass River, and Mayfair.

(Bass River and Mayfair can not handle sails - bridges to go under).
That has changed - when I was chasing around inquiring the marina employees did one of two things - either look at you like you had two heads or didn't even lookup l

Well, I hope Marc in Conn. has good luck!
I may have to buy a boat again.

Old 12-25-2010, 08:29 AM

1,038 posts, read 3,997,347 times
If you're looking at Buzzards Bay, you may want to think about Wareham/Onset. It's true what previous posters say about "grandfathering" but many towns are clamping down on that. I know Bourne Harbor Patrol is out regularly to see if moorings are actually in use. If there's nothing attached, the owner is sent a notice and risks losing the mooring.

Old 12-25-2010, 12:12 PM

22 posts, read 62,014 times
Cathy,
I don't want to be crossing the canal if I can avoid it. I've checked with Kingman & Bassetts & I'd have no problem getting a mooring for 2011. A bit more iffy if I wait until 2012. If the snow does not mess things up, I plan to visit Kingman next Tuesday and discuss it with them some more.
Marc

Old 12-25-2010, 12:40 PM

Marber,
Wareham/Onset are on the North side of the bridges and canal.

Old 12-25-2010, 02:15 PM

Also, there are several exits prior to the Bourne Bridge and off 195E that will get you to Onset/Wareham. Plenty of back roads to avoid Cape-bound traffic.

Old 12-25-2010, 02:52 PM

22 posts, read 62,014 times
Cathy,
Our plan is to live south of the canal - probably in Falmouth
Marc

Old 12-27-2010, 06:25 PM

1 posts, read 976 times
Just want to thank Kaytees. My Dad finally has a spot at Sesuit after 10 years on the list! Must be due to your departure!!

Old 12-27-2010, 07:19 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,799,200 times
Marber:

I'm not a boater but I do live in Wellfleet. I'm 90% sure you will be able to secure a mooring in Wellfleet. Call the Harbormaster shack and speak to Mike, Mike or Lenny and the guys will give you the correct answer should you be interested in the location. 508-349-0320 is the number I believe.

Or email Mike Flanagan at: michael.flanagan@wellfleet-ma.gov

Best of luck,

Rich
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts