Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 02:45 PM

2,202 posts, read 5,357,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiwikki View Post
Thanks for your post! That's very sad about Fur Side I just read the newpaper article on it, that must have been devestating. They seem to be the only dog-related business over there, and since I have no experience in grooming, hopefully there wouldn't be much competition between us if they decided to reopen!

I'd like to look for something on Route 6A if I were to look in that area. Do you know of any other prime locations that you think I should look in over there?
6A would be great as would anywhere in the village. That's a very walkable area and I would think a dog bakery would fit in quite nicely. There are numerous inns, restaurants & cafe, coffee shops, gourmet shop, a stationer and gift shops. Another spot is in the Stop and Shop plaza near Cafe Chew. Chew brings alot of foot traffic to the shops and again, a dog bakery would be a great addition. Lots of potential! I do believe with the new Market Basket coming to the Sagamore Outlet Mall, we will see more traffic into town as people do tend to come from great distances to shop at that store. While Market Basket is in Bourne, it is close to the downtown Sandwich area and the Stop and Shop Plaza. People will come to shop at Market Basket and hopefully venture into the quaint village of Sandwich for the shops and restaurants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 02:49 PM

1,038 posts, read 3,997,347 times
Nikki, you may want to check into the Sagamore Outlet Mall. MarketBasket is going to be opening it's only Cape Cod location there. Right on the Canal, just over the Sagamore Bridge on the way down Cape and midway between Bourne and Sandwich. Market Basket would probably generate some business for you.
Best of Luck!!!!

Old 02-28-2011, 02:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,109 times
Nikki- I own a dog related business on the Cape and if you want to chat, let me know. I am sure I can give you insight into this business and the Cape.

Old 03-06-2011, 05:23 AM

157 posts, read 617,349 times
If you're trying to start out such a specialized business as a dog treat business, I think it is best to study your market that you're shooting for...You want to make sure you're in an area that will support such a specialized business...So a lot of dog ownership, good deal of tourists always help such a business, and great community that supports local businesses. I hope to start something in the next 5 years once we move to New Bedford as it's an area that's very do-able right now and will be a destination for years to come...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts