Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2011, 11:38 PM

4 posts, read 6,984 times

Advertisements

I wanted to know what good bars are there, and which ones have alot of ladies and I was looking for a place to live in the area, but wanted to move in with somone who has a place......thanks for the help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 08:55 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,907,092 times
For finding a possible roommate/housemate, the usual suggestion to check Craigslist seems like a good place to start.

As for bars, Framingham has a very suburban feel, and has a lot of restaurants, both many chain places and a few more local kinds of places here and there. Many of the restaurants have bars inside, but there is not a whole lot in the way of club-type bars. I lived in Framingham for several years, and I may be unaware of some good places because I am, and was when I lived in F'ham, past the bar-hopping stage of life, but I can suggest a few places that have a little less of a chain restaurant feel than a lot of places in F'ham.

The first place I'd suggest checking out is The Chicken Bone, in downtown. There is very little else in downtown to draw anyone from outside the neighborhoods right around downtown. The train station is the only other big draw to downtown besides The Chicken Bone, as F'ham's commercial activity centers around an area of malls and suburban office buildings in another part of town. After I moved out of F'ham but still had business there, I used to stop off for a beer or two at The Chicken Bone while waiting for my train home from Framingham in the afternoon. The place would be fairly quiet at that time of day, but it has a nice pub-like appearance inside, and I used to hear people say it was kind of a cozy but fun nightspot. I believe they have live entertainment there. The Chicken Bone - Award-Winning Food and Wings, Live Music, and HDTV Sports in Framingham and Metro West

In the Shopper's World mall there is a chain place called John Harvard's. I don't know much about the place, except that I've heard that it's a favorite after-work spot, and I know that seeing in as I've passed by from the outside, I've had the impression that the place looks a little more cozy and pub-like than the generic chain restaurants all over the place in F'ham. Not sure, since I never actually went there, but judging by hearsay, John Harvard's may not be a big entertainment nightspot, but possibly more of a place for a cozy gathering with friends. But again, that's based on hearsay. John Harvard's Brew House | Honest Food. Real Beer. (http://www.johnharvards.com/index.shtml - broken link)

It's been several years since I moved from F'ham, so I'm not sure whether these places are still there, but out west on rt. 9, there was a Brazilian restaurant which I occasionally heard was a fun place to go in the evening, but I have no idea the details, like whether they had entertainment. I forget the name of the place, but if it's still there, and if you're westbound on rt. 9, it's on the right along a stretch where the exit for Edgell Road and Framingham State College becomes a parallel side road lined with businesses. Another place out rt. 9 was a dive bar kind of little sports bar which had no entertainment, so it was strictly a place to go if you were not necessarily looking for a club kind of place but did want something more like a true bar rather than a bar in a restaurant. I forget the name of that place, but if it's still there it's on the left as you're westbound on rt. 9, a little past Framingham State.

Maybe someone who lives in Framingham now and who does more time in bars and clubs than I do these days knows of some other places, but that's about all I know of. Maybe at least this will get you started, though again, I think you're going to find that real nightlife spots in F'ham are few and far between.

Last edited by ogre; 03-03-2011 at 09:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
View detailed profiles of: