Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2011, 04:14 PM

12 posts, read 43,658 times

Advertisements

Hi there!
I need some help finding a new area to live in for the summer and then into next year. Hopefully someone can point me in a direction
I am a 24 year old, female, full-time student at Harvard. I am not working right now; just going to school and volunteering for random organizations, so the only commute I have to worry about is to campus in the evenings (my classes start from either 5:30 or 7:30pm, and get out at 7:30 or 9:30pm).
I currently live near Central Square and pay 625 for rent before utilities. While it is really nice to have the T within one block away or be able to walk a mile to school, I’m not necessarily a fan of constantly getting asked for change, being creeped out walking around past dark, and hearing sirens all the time (I know I’m whining right now ).
But I am trying to find an area that will fit my needs: I like to go running, like trying new restaurants-wine bars or places with beer are nice but I am not looking for a “bar or nightclub scene” at all. I love the ocean, parks, hiking, biking, camping, snowboarding, being outdoors. I’m interested in learning how to sail, kayak, etc. and make new friends that like outdoorsy things as well. I am fine living with roommates since I would rather rent a room for 600 or less (before utilities) so I would be happy living in a house with 1 or 2 other people, but I would need a place to park my car (street is fine). I know this sounds like a rental application, but I am just trying to give as much info as possible to narrow down areas that this will be even possible.
I have an interest in Quincy, Braintree, or even south of there as well as north of the red line. I pretty much want to stay within distance of the red line so I don’t have to change lines when I go to school, but I wouldn’t mind driving a little ways to get to a red line station. The reason I am even asking this question is that right now I don’t have my car so I’m taking the T everywhere, but I will have my car in about a month.
Does anybody have any ideas that might work for me? I’m open to just about anything right now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts