Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2011, 12:18 PM

55 posts, read 139,997 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

After weeks of working out various things and apartment hunting (moving from texas) I am seriously considering renting a unit in an owner occupied family house either in Waltham or Woburn (both on second floor of two floor apartment)? If you are like me, a 32 yr old who loves peace and quiet (not a club/party kind of person) and the ability to do outdoor things yet have the ability to pop into the city and return when need be, which one would you recommend. Also, my work will need me to go to the airport on a regular basis. I also am looking at another one in Natick, but that is my backup for now. I am leaning to Woburn since it is cheaper and is closer to Lexington and Arlington and all, but waltham has a younger crowd I feel.... Any thoughts??

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 01:04 PM

324 posts, read 1,089,673 times
I'd go with Waltham. It's a more interesting town, IMO, and is very close to Lincoln which has a lot of outdoorsy/peaceandquiet type things to do. Waltham has nice restaurants and bars (the relaxed kind, not the clubby kind) and a bunch of youngish adults. Both Waltham and Woburn are equally convenient to the airport. Also, both Waltham and Woburn border Lexington and Arlington.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:02 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,911,411 times
Woburn is pretty much pure suburbia. Waltham has a young professional crowd and a restaurant scene in downtown and vicinity. Elsewhere, Waltham is standard suburbia.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:32 PM

15 posts, read 22,569 times
Woburn is definitely suburbia, but the location is fantastic. It's incredibly easy to access 93 (to get to the airport) and 95. It also has some nice rental properties that are in quiet, settled locations and it has Horn Pond, which is a wonderful place to go for a walk or run. Waltham is a great place to go for restaurants and nightlife, and it's only 20 minutes down 95.

We live in Woburn, I work in Waltham, and we go to the natural areas of Concord and Lexington to play. It's a great balance.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:34 PM

15 posts, read 22,569 times
PS. Woburn also has the Anderson RTC commuter rail station, which has a Logan Express running to and from it daily.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:02 PM

55 posts, read 139,997 times
Thanks nunaya1... you have listed the things I find interesting abt Woburn.... I am yet to check out waltham "downtown",i will be making a call on a place at the end of this week, with one more place i like being found in Newton and the budget for all of them seems to be the same, the area varies abt 100 sq.ft :-)

Old 05-03-2011, 08:41 AM

1,239 posts, read 2,008,306 times
I grew up in Woburn. Easy access to 93 and 95. You can take the train or bus into Boston.

Horn Pond is a great spot for walking.

Some nice fairs/festivals throughout the year...Greek Festival, Flag Day, St. Anthony's, etc.

Downtown isn't great but has a few nice restaurants. Louie's Pizza is yummy.

Overall, I like Woburn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts