Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 11:54 AM

332 posts, read 1,017,941 times

Advertisements

I was more referring to them being in a similar area, not actually being similar. I know that wasn't clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 12:32 AM

36 posts, read 176,727 times
I grew up in Braintree and most of my family still lives in Braintree and Weymouth. It's a good town. I moved out because it was too quiet and "suburban" for me. But if that's what you're looking for, it would be fine. It's close to the city and the highway, on the T, and it's easy to head down Rt 3 to nice beaches and other scenic South Shore places. There are a lot of nice streets and neighborhoods. Don't rule out East Braintree - that's where I grew up. A little more affordable than South Braintree and there are still a lot of good finds. Actually I just remembered a friend of mine is moving (due to her husband's job) and looking to sell her house! Here's the link if you want to check it out! http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/138-Arnold-St-Braintree-MA-02184/56554805_zpid/#{scid=hdp-site-map-list-address

Old 10-25-2011, 10:10 AM

9 posts, read 49,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renterforlife View Post
Thanks for all your opinions and suggestions. We'll see what we can find in the Thayer area!
Hi All, You're talking about Thayer area is a nice place of Braintree. Could I know what actal location it is. Any reference streets?

Old 10-25-2011, 08:49 PM

234 posts, read 628,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonalexng View Post
Hi All, You're talking about Thayer area is a nice place of Braintree. Could I know what actal location it is. Any reference streets?
Look up Thayer Academy on a map and that's the general area. Close to the Braintree T station.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:32 PM

9 posts, read 49,820 times
Oh! Got it on map. By the way, will this area noisy coz it near the T-station and the inbound and outbound T are busy everyday. How to compare Thayer with Highland?

Old 10-28-2011, 04:36 AM

25 posts, read 53,398 times
I live in Braintree now, in the Thayer Academy area. You can walk to the T station - not a problem at all. It is a nice area. The Highlands is the other area in town that I would consider living in. it is lovely and all residential. The Thayer area is just a little closer to the center of things so you can walk to various places. Someone mentioned BELD and the low tax rate as being advantages to living in Braintree. I would agree. We never lose our power, and if we do it's back in minutes. The tax rate is among the lowest around. Town services are actually very good. We have a very good school system and beautiful library. It's not a real quiet town, there's a good amount of activity, but it stills feels more like a town and not a city. If you're looking for something quieter around here, you'd have to go further south and also pay more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts