Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 02:28 PM

2,954 posts, read 12,300,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Sparks View Post
Oh joy, why does it not surprise me the pro illegal immigrant faction is also pro gun control. Yes, that'll work out well.
Sorry, I forgot you need your AK-47 to defend yourself against all the scary illegals out there cleaning toilets at the Motel 6
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 02:47 PM

1,949 posts, read 4,420,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by holden125 View Post
How about closing the giant gun show loophole? Even Al Queda wants to buy guns at these b/c it's so easy. Apparently "freedom" requires buying a full assault rifle without so much as a background check.
Here we go with the Gun Show Loophole, Do you know what the loophole supposedly is? Have you ever purchased a gun at a Gun Show? I have, many times. The "Gun Show Loophole" has NOTHING to do with Gun Shows. ALL purchases at from dealers at Gun Shows are run through federal background checks, EVERY STATE!!! Do you even know what an assault rifle is? Most don't. let test it out shall we?

Back up your statements with knowledge, Is this an assault rifle? Yes or No and why? Also explain to me the "Gun Show Loophole".

Attached Thumbnails
Deval has failed us again.-rifle.jpg  

Old 06-09-2011, 06:06 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,850,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by holden125 View Post
It is well documented that the program ensnares people who are innocent of any crime, as it is used on anyone arrested and fingerprinted, not anyone proven guilty of a serious crime.
But they have committed a crime: being in the country illegally. When the police stop someone for a traffic violation, they check to see if there are any warrants for the people stopped. This is the same thing.

BTW, the chief of police for the City of Boston supports this...

Police defend status checks - Boston.com (http://articles.boston.com/2010-09-21/news/29302929_1_immigration-law-immigration-status-immigration-officials - broken link)

Old 06-09-2011, 10:23 PM

23,568 posts, read 18,672,702 times
The notion that "innocent" people are being ensnared is a bunch of complete b.s. Secure Communities is targeted towards those charged with violent crimes. One of the great lies you here is how 60% or something of deportees in the program had no charges against them. Well the truth is (according to who I've heard from in the Boston PD) is that those deported with "no record" were actually some of the most dangerous individuals caught, their crimes were so serious they figured it would be better to rid them from our country immediately. Prosecuting them for those violent crimes, as we all know the process could be years away and then of course they would have to complete their sentence in the USA. That would cost us an arm and a leg and there is no guarantee of the outcome we are looking for, or no complete reassurance they will not wind up back in our streets at some point. It sounds very smart to me. And lets not forget that illegal is illegal!

Holden, is it correct that the NYPD is where your cousin works? Well I just went and verified, NYPD is not part of the pilot program. Just Boston and 6 counties all in TX and NC. Therefore his concerns are not valid. You must look where the program has ACTUALLY existed to get an idea of its success. Boston PD has has had nothing but good to say about Secure Communities and I would think you'd find the same in those other departments. Judge by valid experience, not by paranoia and fear.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:17 AM

1,432 posts, read 1,091,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snatale1 View Post
Here we go with the Gun Show Loophole, Do you know what the loophole supposedly is? Have you ever purchased a gun at a Gun Show? I have, many times. The "Gun Show Loophole" has NOTHING to do with Gun Shows. ALL purchases at from dealers at Gun Shows are run through federal background checks, EVERY STATE!!! Do you even know what an assault rifle is? Most don't. let test it out shall we?

Back up your statements with knowledge, Is this an assault rifle? Yes or No and why? Also explain to me the "Gun Show Loophole".
Let me guess, the cryers are convinced that criminals would be prevented from getting guns if it were illegal to own a gun.....

Old 06-11-2011, 01:30 PM

1,949 posts, read 4,420,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post
Let me guess, the cryers are convinced that criminals would be prevented from getting guns if it were illegal to own a gun.....
It makes sense if your an idiot! What needs to happen is when the anti-gun / anti-freedom people go to renew their drivers license the registry says, Well although you have a clean driving record, and have no DUI's, OTHER PEOPLE DO so to make the roads safer YOU can no longer drive. Because less people driving means a safer place for everybody regardless of whether YOUR the problem or not. Then confiscate their car and tell them to cry about it and that they don't have the RIGHT to anything. Then I wonder if there views on screwing with the good guy would change?

Old 06-11-2011, 02:57 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,659,091 times
The topic of illegals just came up again this afternoon again for my husband and me when we were eating in an Italian restaurant. Waitress liked my husband's accent so, "Where are you from?" "Manchester, England." "How long have you been here?" etc.

Then it turns into the regular discussion of how the owner and his wife (waitress) came here LEGALLY and wish that the ILLEGALS would be sent back. This gets my husband going because we paid about $4000 in fees to get him here through Immigration and to pay for his green card. We're still paying it off.

Those people who sneak in and bypass the system, do not pay their fees to the government like my husband did, work here illegally--no green card, are breaking the law and furthermore it's not fair to people who played by the rules and respected the system. Did they have to pass a physical for communicable diseases and get injections? Did they have to pass a criminal background check? Nope. There are reasons why we have rules as to who can come here and I wish our governor would start representing the people on this one. Yes, my husband and I are both liberals and I voted for Gov. Patrick and we admire him in most ways, but not this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts