Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 11:12 AM

5 posts, read 13,941 times

Advertisements

Hello, I'm looking for shared accomadation for the Boston area for about 2-3 months. I'm wondering if anybody would have accomadation available?

Also, could you tell me how much I would pay per month for a room (from low cost to medium cost) in either Boston or the Boston area (e.g. Cape Cod).

Thank you for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 11:46 AM

26 posts, read 57,590 times
Cape Cod is a little over an hour or more from Boston depending on how far onto the Cape you are, so not sure if you realized it was that far. Plus if you're going to be there in the summer, you'll have a really hard time finding a place since it floods with tourists and most people rent by the week for thousands of dollars each week. There are some year-round rentals on the Cape, but you said you'll only be there 2-3 months..

As far as renting in Boston or anywhere near it, given your time span, you'll need to look for a sublet. Renting a place typically requires a one year lease otherwise. To find places and prices go to padmapper.com and search the areas you want to live in. You can filter for sublets or max rent you can afford among other things. It takes listings from craigslist and a couple of other apartment rental sites and puts them on a map for you for easy viewing.

Are you coming to MA for a summer job or for fun or something else? Cape Cod is usually full of foreign workers on H-2B visas in the summer to keep the tourism industry running. The business owners plan way ahead so they can get the visas (there are a limited number available) and sometimes they work out places for the employees to live for the summer too. I worked at one restaurant where more than half the staff was from Ireland and they were staying in the owner's hotel that he also owned.
Good luck on your search!

Old 06-10-2011, 12:14 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,181 times
Cape Cod isn't really "the Boston area". It takes 1.5 hours to drive to Mid-Cape with no traffic. And there's always traffic. Are you planning to spend the summer in Boston *or* Cape Cod? Are you working in either place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts