Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2011, 05:39 PM

368 posts, read 1,388,479 times

Advertisements

Ahh, the joys of new home ownership.... The upstairs wall unit (not window unit - who knew these even existed?) is blowing warm air. The kids bedrooms are upstairs and they are MISERABLE when it's warm out. Window units aren't an option because there are Andersen side opening windows.

So, I need a service company. One came out and told me I needed a new compressor, but quit returning my call when I said that it should be covered under the mfr warranty. Another one wants to charge me $150 JUST TO COME OUT. Wowzers.

Someone who will be within service distance of Sharon, MA, please...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 07:57 AM

93 posts, read 404,770 times
Default HVAC rec

Hi,
I just emailed you the name/# of a good HVAC guy who actually lives in Sharon and has done work for us before...didn't post his info here and he might end up getting spammed, but anyone else who needs his info can email me privately. Good luck!

Old 06-18-2011, 08:23 AM

Thanks! Left him a message. *fingers crossed*

Old 06-19-2011, 07:37 AM

93 posts, read 404,770 times
Default Ac

Hi,
Hope your got your problem fixed and it wasn't too expensive. Am curious if it ended up being a compressor and if it was covered by warranty?
BTW, if the guy I recommended was able to get to you--he's also a fantastic plumber and general repairman, should the need arise--he's bailed me out multiple times.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:08 AM

The guy is AWESOME. Thank you Thank you! He is very personable, nice, and his prices are very reasonable. He recognized your name and appreciated the referral.

It was not the compressor - just very low on refrigerant and most likely has a leak which he will be back this week to troubleshoot. It was a reasonable repair, and I love that he works on weekends and evenings without charging outrageous prices.

I will be keeping his number on speed dial. My husband is the love of my life, but he's not the DIY type. Great golfer, not terribly handy. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts