Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2011, 07:22 PM

3 posts, read 12,964 times

Advertisements

I have just picked up my car from being towed because of street cleaning today.

The car was just getting tied at the wheel part and I came out and they kept doing it. I was talking to the "boss", but the driver kept going and eventually towed the car. When I picked it up today, I had a chat with the man who brought us to our car and when I told him that I was there when the car was towed, he said that it was not supposed to be like that. By law, they were supposed to let the car go. So he told me to call the owner and then the Boston Transportation Dept. to resolve this.

Is this true? Does anyone have any similar story to share?

Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 07:39 PM

1,949 posts, read 4,405,468 times
You got screwed. If you were there you should have kept your car. IF your wheels were already off the ground they are allowed to charge a drop fee. If there were not and you were there TECHNICALLY they stole your car. Calling BTD will get you nowhere. The ONLY chance you have is this, take a look at the time on the tow slip. call the BPD Tow Line 617-343-4629 give them your info and ask what time they were given the auth to tow your car. If the time they gave you is AFTER the time eon the tow slip then you shouldn't have an issue getting your car back. Per law all driver must get an ok to tow any car BEFORE it's hooked up, otherwise it's theft. The downside is most of the slip was probably filled out after the car made it back to the yard so the time's will work. The other downside is sometimes on streetcleaning day depending on the neighborhood there is a BTD truck with the tow companies which can also authorize the tows. It's a long shot but try it. IF the time on the slip is before the time the tow line gave an ok #, you've got a chance.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:55 PM

3 posts, read 12,964 times
Hi, thanks for your respond.

Yes I saw that BTD truck right behind me. SO do you think I should still try? This thing is really annoying because I have never had this before and it cost me a lot! Esp, I saw the car was gotten ready to be towed in front of my eyes.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:23 PM

746 posts, read 3,493,192 times
I bet they wouldn't tow the car if you were sitting in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
View detailed profiles of: