Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 12:39 PM

350 posts, read 1,090,798 times

Advertisements

If money were no object ... Wesport, CT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2007, 03:56 PM

3,031 posts, read 9,088,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
I lived there for 3 years and couldn't wait to leave. Lots of developments of cookie cutter homes there, unfortunately...if you are interested in the eastern shore, my favorite town is Chestertown, lots of historic houses, nice little shops and restaurants and a community feeling.

Well, it's been over 10 years since I've been there, so I freely admit my memory is outdated. Thanks for letting me know that this area too, has fallen to overdevelopment.

I always liked Annapolis though. Hopefully it's retained its charm?

Old 08-13-2007, 06:01 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,772 times
Annapolis is still nice, but lots of development there too, you probably wouldn't recognize West Street and the traffic has gotten pretty bad. But that seems to have happened everywhere! The downtown has changed a bit, but still charming :-).

Old 08-15-2007, 08:06 AM

10 posts, read 44,622 times
Default Rhode Island

Bristol in RI came to mind. A pretty little town with easy drive to Providence. It has a bike/walk path along the water, very peaceful. Nearby Jamestown (very livable) and Little Compton (rural and pretty) are nice too. When you get bored you can visit Newport.

I don't live there, but I am like you can live anywhere I want. So while we were looking for places to move to we visited Rhode Island. I enjoyed driving on those bridges and being close to the water.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:51 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,509,244 times
Default South Shore

Any beach town on the South Shore.

Last edited by baystater; 08-15-2007 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 08-16-2007, 06:25 AM

3 posts, read 23,729 times
Nobody mentioned Bar Harbor, Maine. It is very quiet in the off season, but it is pretty up there. (Acadia National Park). If you need more people or access to Boston, you would want to move down the coast. Newburyport was rated one of the top places in the country to live recently.

Old 08-17-2007, 01:18 AM

35 posts, read 391,776 times
I grew up in Gloucester which has many beautiful beaches, but my love was Rockport. A quaint little town that was a "dry town" until just recently and very much an artist colony with great beaches and wonderful little shops and restaurants. I loved going for walks on Bearskin Neck when I was young and still do to this day. Gloucester is beautiful but I prefer the Magnolia area...very quaint...almost a little town of it's own and nice beaches...also East Gloucester near the Bass Rocks Golf course and the back shore and Rocky neck...another artist colony and great restaurants on the inner harbor.

Old 08-18-2007, 10:37 PM

202 posts, read 583,435 times
I don't think I could pick just one town. I wouldn't mind living back home in Lynnfield though. Cute town close to Boston that I absolutely hated growing up in!! Isn't that way!!! I wouldn't mind being on the coast somewhere, over by Good Harbour Beach would be nice or Marblehead would be great.......Barnstable Village on the Cape looking over Sandy Neck would be the perfect spot to spend the summers.......I love New England and there aren't too many towns I wouldn't want to live in.

Old 08-19-2007, 06:10 AM

96 posts, read 454,241 times
City of Homes | Choose Springfield, Massachusetts

Id go with Springfield, Mass.

Old 08-19-2007, 04:56 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times
WestMass79: Okay, so what's the deal with Springfield, MA? I heard it was a run-down, dirty, unsafe town, with a few nicer areas. What's the real scoop?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts