Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2011, 03:57 PM

9 posts, read 14,204 times

Advertisements

Any good suggestions on good living around Ft. Devins?? How is Leominster? Any thing will help, I have never been to MA. Lived in CO/Denver area most of life. Thank you for any intel. Need good schools, lots to do....however, I dont need big city...just not a small town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 04:18 PM

1,949 posts, read 4,395,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smtsmth008 View Post
Any good suggestions on good living around Ft. Devins?? How is Leominster? Any thing will help, I have never been to MA. Lived in CO/Denver area most of life. Thank you for any intel. Need good schools, lots to do....however, I dont need big city...just not a small town.
Leominster is a descent sized city, has everything you need. If I worked at Ft. Ghost town, that's were I'd live. (or If I were just going to move to Central MA).

Old 08-31-2011, 06:26 AM

64 posts, read 158,876 times
I don't know... Leominster/Fitchburg area can be rough, no? If a commute isn't too objectionable, try going to closer to Boston. I was looking to work in Leominster or Ayer, and I was looking at Concord or Acton or thereabouts. They're decent sized towns, with good schools (Concord is quite affluent), with their own little lives, plus close enough to Boston to have a life there too.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:57 PM

18,606 posts, read 33,168,447 times
Consider Littleton. About eight miles to Devens, a formerly rural town with a lot of family/community stuff, good access to Rt. 2 and 495, and a couple of very nice lakes. Small-town environment (no downtown). A lot cheaper than Acton, although Acton would also be a good place.
Leominster? Eh. Don't know about the schools except that Leominster isn't well-known for real good schools. The part of Leo. near Fitchburg gets more sketchy, and low-riders on their way to Fitchburg zoom through the main streets of Leo. (Trust me. I lived on Main Street in Leo.)
Lunenburg might be a good idea.
Best wishes on your move.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:28 PM

9 posts, read 14,204 times
Default Thank you all

I appriciate all the input and intel. Gives me a good starting place. Thank you all!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts