Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2011, 06:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,329 times

Advertisements

We are currently living overseas on a sabbatical and considering starting in a new town when we return. Any thoughts on how hard it would be to relocate/integrate kids about to enter middle school into the Manchester school system? Thought on the quality of the school system in general?

Anyone know if it's possible to rent a family size home/apartment for a while until we bought a home there? Any/all thoughts on what it might be like to relocate to Manchester when we haven't been part of the community all along?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 07:22 AM

925 posts, read 2,742,677 times
Manchester by the Sea is a lovely town and there's tons to do there & in nearby towns. Beaches, parks, trails, community events, and great little shops & restaurants. We go there for a few events each year & I've always found people there very nice. There are apartment & single family rental homes available. I don't have children in the school system there so can't comment on that personally but hopefully someone here can. When we've worked with clients moving to the North Shore Manchester by the Sea & Marblehead were often at the top of their list for the well ranked public schools. One thing if you're new to the area - the ocean water on the north shore is freezing! :-)

Old 10-28-2011, 01:03 PM

116 posts, read 320,022 times
There's plenty of houses to buy and rent in Manchester. The schools (Manchester-Essex) are pretty good, my friend's kids went there and I never heard any complaints. The people I've met from there and the North Shore in general are pretty friendly and welcoming, you should fit in well. Great beaches, scenery, history, food. Overall an excellent place to live. Check out this site (Gloucester is the town next door):

GoodMorningGloucester | My View of Life on the Dock

Old 10-28-2011, 06:53 PM

3,688 posts, read 7,428,446 times
Great town, great schools. If you have a son, get him signed up for Boy Scouts; Troop 3 in Manchester is a great organization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts