Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 07:38 AM

8,545 posts, read 14,033,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consuela View Post
Thanks, Spaceman!

According to Google maps Quincy is only a 45 min drive but with traffic you never know. It will probably be too draining in the end but it looks like a good option right now financially, so I don't want to rule it out.

What about the area between 495 and 95? Acton through Wrentham?

natick, ma - Google Maps

Is communing North or South in MetroWest a bad idea instead of going on the major highways? You have to forgive my ignorance but currently I live about 10 min away from my job so I don't know. And yes, I'm ready to give up the current job.

Could someone explain to me what a "refuse removal fee" is?
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the towns between 95 and 495. Just like the rest of Mass some of the towns there are nice and some not so nice. They're much cheaper primarily because they're much longer commutes into Boston.

A refuse removal fee is a fee for trash pick up. Not all the towns in Mass take away your trash and some that do take it away charge a fee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 12:46 PM

64 posts, read 159,827 times
Refuse removal fee = you have to pay for them to take your trash.

I would avoid commuting from Quincy. That's a terrible commute.

Honestly, I think you should be able to find at least a two family in Natick or Ashland or Framingham with what you're looking for.

Old 11-05-2011, 11:24 AM

392 posts, read 920,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheina Maydela View Post
Refuse removal fee = you have to pay for them to take your trash.

I would avoid commuting from Quincy. That's a terrible commute.

Honestly, I think you should be able to find at least a two family in Natick or Ashland or Framingham with what you're looking for.
agree with that. plus if you factor in spendings on gas. Also, while google maps are a good way to check itinerary, they don't reflect traffic jams. I would suggest looking in Metrowest area.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:28 PM

5 posts, read 13,200 times
There are lots of great places to live in the metrowest. Quincy sounds like a mistake someone from out of the area would make b/c they just don't know what its like living here. It snows here. 45 mins on Google = 1:15 real life east coast boston drivers. Hard to do in the snow.

Also if you are moving, try http:\\MyMove - Moving tips | Savings for new movers it can help you settle in once you've figured out where you are going to live.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:48 PM

9 posts, read 24,052 times
Thank you all for the helpful responses. The only reason WHY I'm even considering Quincy is because a friend is willing to rent it to me as a tenant at will for very little money. What about Grafton? Do you think Grafton is too far from Natick (in terms of commute)? I figured I would be going against traffic on 495 for the bigger part of the commute, then will just have to endure the 10 min on 9 to the office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts