Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 02:58 AM

116 posts, read 316,744 times

Advertisements

You're saying that because you want to sell more houses. Brewster in the summer is wonderful! Winters are full of alcholics and people with NOTHING to do. IT's a very depressing place to be! Don't move there year round but summers are great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2007, 09:59 AM

1,038 posts, read 3,996,700 times
Biased? Yes, but not because of my profession. I live here and love it here. My children live in a wonderful community where we all look out for each other and each other's kids. They go to great schools with fantastic educators and administrators. My town has invested in both our children and our seniors. We work hard and we take care of each other. Where I grew up you were lucky to know your neighbor's name. Here, if I don't know you personally, I probably know someone who does. That's not because of my profession. Thats because, when I moved here, I made an effort to become involved in my community.
Small town though it is, newcomers are welcomed. We open and hold doors for each other, we smile and say hello to strangers. We know who our elderly neighbors are and check on them. I still remember seeing a woman frantically looking at a map while crying because she couldn't find a wedding. I stopped, calmed her down, and had her follow me to the location. That's what we do here.
Biased? Yep, all day long!

Old 01-06-2008, 09:56 PM

2 posts, read 7,941 times
Though I am only 19 I absolutely love it here. My family is one of the original families from Eastham (only cape cod in my blood)..it is really tough financially I work two jobs and go to cape cod community college. Im trying to get into the nursing program. In the summer i work three jobs..it may seem nuts but if you have good jobs i would recommend it especially raising kids..we do have really good school systems..I attended Nauset which is one of the top schools in the state..it does get boring especially as a teenager young adult..but the scenary makes up for all of the other problems...just to look out into the water you dont have a problem in the world trust me...its great living here I wouldn't trade it for the world and everyone my age says "oh I hate it here" or "get over the bridge" trust me you can travel anywhere but living here, knowing Cape Cod will always be my home is the best feeling.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:35 PM

19 posts, read 99,004 times
I can't stand people complaining about being bored ... only boring people get bored... The lower Cape is Beautiful and you can make a wonderful life here as with many other places when you have a good attitude. Year rounders enjoy meeting new people and welcome most people from all backgrounds. Each community makes a great effort to offer things to do. People who say there are only drunks here must be people who just hang ut at bars.... you get that anywhere. There is so much diversity here if you want it - if you just sit around and wait for life to happen to you, then yes you'll be bored anywhere you go ... Live your dream and move. Life is too short to wonder what could have been!!!
Signed by a proud, happy year rounder! :-)

Old 01-10-2008, 05:49 PM

119 posts, read 176,107 times
You're crazy to think the Lower Cape is great year round for a young couple who might be active. I lived on the Cape for 8 years and I love the Lower Cape, but on a year round basis I see it more as a place for retirees or senior citizens. For young professionals, the Cape in general is not a good place in my opinion. There are not enough things to do on the Cape year round for young people other than go out for dinner/drinks. There is a young professional's group on the Cape which is great and they have events once a month. Overall all though, I grew to hate the Cape because the people are not friendly, it's full of losers, and people who live there think they're elitists, which is just false. I hate to sound negative, but as a young professional who lived on the Cape I grew tired of it after loving it for a few years. So in conclusion, for young people it's terrible, for older people or people with families it's great.

Old 01-10-2008, 05:51 PM

I grew up next to Duxbury and can tell you it's full of phoney's. Most of the houses are barely furnished because the people buying in Duxbury are posers.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:19 PM

My question is.....did you move to the Cape yet? You posted this 1.5 years ago and I'm curious if you made the move.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:07 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Default Duxbury Posers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronniec78 View Post
I grew up next to Duxbury and can tell you it's full of phoney's. Most of the houses are barely furnished because the people buying in Duxbury are posers.
LOL, Ronniec. Where "next to Duxbury" did you grow up? Kingston or Pembroke? Did you know Duxbury has a "other side of the tracks" population? My ex husband's wife grew up on the "wrong side" of those tracks and she says she was treated with distain from the snobby rich kids.

I lived in Hanover for a few years but I'm sure glad to be back in Manomet at the beach where life is as slow/fast as you want it to be.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:57 PM

I grew up in Marshfield actually. I can't be impressed with Duxbury because I know for a fact a lot of the people who buy there are complete posers who can't afford to furnish their own homes. I don't think there as many "rich" people in Duxbury as Duxbury people or the surrounding areas think. I've lived in much more upscale areas that Duxbury where people don't put up a front. Overall, I'm not a fan of MA or New England for that matter, but Duxbury tops the chart when it comes to phonies. That much I'm sure of.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:57 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Ah, I forgot about Rt 3A on that side of Duxbury/Marshfield. Yes, from reading threads, you have made it abundantly clear of your feelings. That's too bad, sorry to hear you feel so angry at your home state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts