Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2012, 05:24 PM

12 posts, read 17,067 times

Advertisements

My family may be relocating to Massachusetts due to husband's work in Grafton. I will be looking to teach middle school mathematics somewhere. What area would be best for relocation? We are looking for a good high school for our daughter who will be a junior. Ideally, I would like to live in an area where the house has some yard, but within walking distance of shops, library, schools, etc. Does this exist in any of the areas west of Boston and east of Worcester? We will likely rent for the first year or two (we have a house to sell and daughter to send to college). Any help is greatly appreciated. Also, we are a little flexible on rent, depends on what we can get for our money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 06:51 PM

925 posts, read 2,742,677 times
You can sometimes find rental homes in Westboro with a nice yard (perhaps 1/4 acre) that are walking distance to shops, the library, and the high school. The school system is well rated and the town is next door to Grafton. The only rental I know of right now in town that's walking distance to everything is a newer 2 bedroom condo for $2100 but it's worth keeping an eye out as you get closer to your move date.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:03 AM

12 posts, read 17,067 times
Thanks! I know with the cost of living increase we will have to consider our move very carefully and adjust our mind-set as to what is fair when it comes to rent costs. We would be relocating from KY. The housing market is still kind of high for the area here, but rent is comparative to our income. Understanding what a good starting salary for MA is important for us to determine if we can actually afford to live there. The cost of living seems to be moderately higher in MA than KY.

If my husband accepts a job in MA he would move in February and our daughter and I would move at the end of May.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts