Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2012, 06:23 PM

2 posts, read 5,382 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, I am interested in opening up a Japanese steak house here in Bellingham MA. Do you guys think there will be business, has anyone had sushi before? Do you like sushi and hibachi? Please let me know what you all think, and I would love to get ideas from everyone.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sarah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 09:30 PM

853 posts, read 4,037,828 times
I thought there were a few restaurants like this in the Bellingham area already, although I do not know for sure and I have never eaten at any.

I do know people who live near Bellingham and drive to Natick to go to a Japanese restaurant that has a buffet that includes sushi, and the lines are very long at lunch time, so maybe I am wrong or there is still a market for it.

Good luck and if you do open a restaurant, let us know!

Old 04-18-2012, 04:50 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
There's a huge difference in market appeal between a regular restaurant and a version of it as a buffet. And the Japanese buffet in Natick is rather amazing...

And also consider how big a restaurant you want to open and the volume of business you would have to have in order to be profitable.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:55 AM

238 posts, read 414,917 times
I think it's a great idea! Bellingham needs more/better restaurants. But...there is already a sushi/hibatchi in Franklin next to BJs, right near 495 on the Bellingham side of the 140 exit. Haven't been but heard it's good.

There is a sushi place in the Walmart/MarketBasket strip mall on the 126 exit. It's pretty good at best, definitely nothing to write home about.

INTERESTING you ask - I saw a new Fusion Cuisine getting ready in Bellingham on 140, right near the Franklin line. Is this yours? It's a local chain - another in Ashland. Fusion Cuisine. Somewhat suspect as it seems more focused on being trendy than anything. Haven't been, but this is good news for Bellingham regardless. More options.

I think there is definitely still be a market for more though. If your place is good quality, appropriate quantity for the cost, you hit the right price point for the customers in this area, have good hours, good service, etc.. GO FOR IT! I would personally like to see better Thai food in this area. Has anyone been to Chattabox (thai restaurant) in Bridgewater?! Amazing and ALWAYS packed. These people are natives of that asian region (read: excellent food, know what they're doing) PLUS have good business sense!

If I were to open a restaurant type of place, I'd do something like Franklin Flatbreads/Spruce Pond. I think the Whole Foods crowd would provide the support for an organic bakery and/or restaurant that used local ingredients and quality preparation.

I'm actually stunned by the lack of better places to eat in MA in general. Just one of the many things on my list that I find backwards in MA.

Good luck!

Last edited by foxboro82; 04-18-2012 at 06:21 AM..

Old 04-18-2012, 07:31 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times
I think a new Hibachi place opened up in the former Picadilly Pub location, right off 495 exit 17 in Franklin. I think it's called Ichigo Ichi.

Franklin also has a few different places to get sushi, Maguro House and Sake Bomb in addition to Ichigo Ichi.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:36 AM

2 posts, read 5,382 times
I am actually very happy to see replies and very happy for all your supports. The address I am thinking about is on 435 Pulaski blvd, Bellingham. Its in the Dean Bank Plaza, hopefully it will work out. Thank you to Reneeme, Miu, Foxboro 82, and Tam. If everything works out and I open up in Bellingham, I will definitely let you all know. Maybe you all can help me out with the name of the restaurant, too.

Sarah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts