Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2012, 07:15 PM

9 posts, read 49,837 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm looking for a single house in Braintree but concerning about the running costs. Can anybody tell me the average monthly utilities costs in Braintree? I found there are 3 ways for heating: oil, gas and electricity. Which one is the most economy? If a house is using only electricity for both cooking and heating, is it very risky, especially in winter, if there is electricity break down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 06:19 PM

1 posts, read 6,565 times
My wife and I bought a house in Braintree about a year ago. Utilities here are very reasonable. We live in a 1700 square foot home and while we do not go out of our way to be wasteful, we are not (regrettably) environmental. Our electric bill this past month (August) was $139 (all of our appliances are electric -stove, dryer, hot water heater and we have window air conditioning units). The electric in Braintree is provided by Braintree, and we haven't had any issues yet. Our water bill was $130 for the last quarter. We are on the oil budget plan and pay $260 per month for 10 months. Our house came with a newish oil boiler, and converting to gas for us is $10,000 or more, so we are all set with the oil for now, but natural gas is apparently more economical. Trash pick up is provided by the city. Cable and phone are the same as everywhere else. I hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts