Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 02:43 PM
miu miu started this thread

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins_Fan View Post
Nice try. But, ah...no, having ancestry is not that same as being a citizen. She never claimed to be a citizen of Cherokee nation. Just like I have Irish ancestry, yet have never been an Irish citizen. Two diferent things. But, hey, I'll give you an "A" for effort.
Wow... you really think this? Elizabeth Warren has not a drop of Native American blood in her... in other words, she has no links to the Cherokee Nation through DNA.

As to her heritage, she also not known to have ever socialized with the Cherokee Indians or any other Native Americans in her lifetime. She has never adopted any of the customs or culture of the Cherokee Nation.

In other words, Elizabeth Warren has zero connections to the Cherokee Nation... by blood ties, upbringing or culture.

She has about as much connection to the Cherokee Nation as you would claiming to have Chinese ancestry... that's how off base you and she are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2012, 03:10 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,812,835 times
Ok, so now you're trying to tell me they tested her DNA?! I think I'm done with this thread. We'll have to agree to disagree. Not the first time, and probably not the last.

Old 05-20-2012, 06:15 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Default Elizabeth Warren lied to claim minority status and reap the rewards

Quote:
Nice try. But, ah...no, having ancestry is not that same as being a citizen. She never claimed to be a citizen of Cherokee nation. Just like I have Irish ancestry, yet have never been an Irish citizen. Two diferent things. But, hey, I'll give you an "A" for effort.
Ms. Warren is neither an enrolled tribal member nor does she have any Cherokee bloodline which the geneologists of the Cherokee Nation can verify.

Is that clear enough for you?

Old 05-21-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Ok, so now you're trying to tell me they tested her DNA?! I think I'm done with this thread. We'll have to agree to disagree. Not the first time, and probably not the last.
What was the highest education level that you reached? Science was never your strong suit was it... and neither is your reading comprehension skills.

Again, Elizabeth Warren has absolutely no physical ties to being part of the Cherokee Nation. That means absolutely no one in her ancestry (parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, great-great-grandparents and beyond that) was a Cherokee Indian or any other kind of Native American. She just put that down on her school and job applications in order to get special (undeserved) consideration and treatment.

In other words, she lied to get ahead of more deserving applicants to get into college and work where those places were trying to be diverse racially.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:46 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,367,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Cosmopolitan magazine is nowhere on the same level as Playgirl/Playboy or even Hustler magazines. I remember the Burt Reynolds spread. Those centerfolds did not show full naked poses. No genitalia was exposed. They were showing as much skin as you'd see on a beach or in a bathing suit catalog.
This is why I stay away from posts that are more than 3 pages long. They take on a weird flavor of their own.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:32 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObstat View Post
This is simply not true.

However, in Warren's case, it is clear that she jumped up to the Ivy Leagues (University of Pennsylvania and Harvard) shortly after she chose to characterize herself as part Cherokee in the mid-1980s. Both schools happily took credit for faculty diversity through this evidently false claim.

Of course neither school would admit that this played a role in her being hired. Could somebody point out where either school ever freely admitted that it was engaging in affirmative action in hiring? That honest reporting is simply not done.

It appears that the other 99 faculty members at Harvard all had law degrees from top-10 law schools, particularly Harvard and Yale, but also Stanford, University of Chicago, and other top schools. Warren graduated from Rutgers, ranked perhaps #82 in the country. Harvard was under intense pressure to hire a minority woman professor in the law school. There was a sit-in by students. The students filed suit against the law school. One black professor took a leave of absence to protest the lack of hiring of a woman minority professor.

Warren had already hoodwinked the University of Pennsylvania for several years before Harvard chose to hire Warren as a visiting professor in 1992 and as a permanent professor in 1995. Curiously, this meant that Harvard did not immediately hire Lani Guinier, a colleague of Warren's at the University of Pennsylvania beginning in the late 1980s. Harvard waited until 1998 to make this highly accomplished half black/half Jewish graduate of Radcliffe and Yale Law School the first true minority female professor at Harvard Law School.

Guinier fit the nearly universal hiring pattern for the other 99 professors --- top notch school --- and she is clearly part black --- well more than Warren's 0/32 Indian background. Her Jamaican father was head of the Harvard University African American Studies department in 1969. She had no need to lie about her ethnic background to get ahead.

I truly doubt that Harvard would have been interested in a person who looks like an extra in an Ingmar Bergman film of winter existential angst in Stockholm or Oslo particularly if that person had not first forced her way into the Ivy Leagues through her deception at the University of Pennsylvania. Harvard Law almost never hires professors from fourth or fifth rate law schools. The school can choose from the top schools only. Harvard was looking desperately for a minority female hire here and had complained that there were no capable candidates. Warren had the right sexual plumbing and deceptively supplied the claim of being a minority.

She might have gotten away with it after dropping the fraudulent claim around 1995 after she had already achieved her Harvard Law School goal. However, she decided to run for US Senate in 2012 and she got caught.

She has no integrity here. She gamed the system in a most cynical, selfish way. She should withdraw from the race and return to Harvard to be investigated for academic fraud.
Do you even have a clue what you are talking about?? Not to mention, not understanding my post. And, there is no such person as Ingmar Bergman.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:11 PM

1,970 posts, read 2,236,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Do you even have a clue what you are talking about?? Not to mention, not understanding my post. And, there is no such person as Ingmar Bergman.
Ingmar Bergman 1918 - 2007

At age 89, one of the world's most prominent film-makers has passed away. Astrid Söderbergh Widding, head of Ingmar Bergman Foundation, comments: Ingmar Bergman’s passing away represents a loss of unfathomable magnitude. His artistic accomplishments were ground-breaking, unique – but also of a scope that covered film and theatre as well as literature. He was the internationally most renowned Swede, and just a few months ago his artistic achievement was incorporated into the UNESCO Memory of the World Register. We remember him as a very bold person, always present, often biting in his comments. But he was often one step ahead of his contemporaries. Even when he grew old surprises from FÃ¥rö were not unexpected. I believe it will take some time before we fully understand that he is no longer with us, but also the importance of his art to other people. The steady stream of letters arriving here at the Ingmar Bergman Foundation since its inception testifies to that.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:50 PM

5,037 posts, read 6,923,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
I thought maybe he had misspelled the name, but no, it's right. And it wasn't even a central point to the argument, just a throw-away line. I'm totally confused as to why you're saying there's no such person as Ingmar Bergman.

Old 05-21-2012, 05:20 PM

10,020 posts, read 15,665,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
I thought maybe he had misspelled the name, but no, it's right. And it wasn't even a central point to the argument, just a throw-away line. I'm totally confused as to why you're saying there's no such person as Ingmar Bergman.
Me, too.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:59 AM

Well for those defending Elizabeth Warren in this thread, how would you feel if Scott Brown had claimed to have African American slave ancestry on his college and law school applications (which helped him get into his schools due to affirmative action)? And he insisted that "family lore" said that he was... but in truth, all his genealogical charts showed that all of his ancestors were completely white and from the British Isles?

BTW Ingmar Bergman was very Swedish and very white, along with being an amazing filmmaker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts