Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 07:34 AM

37 posts, read 87,590 times

Advertisements

I owned a house on the Cape that I inherited from my parents. At the time I was living in Maryland. I opted to rent it as a year-round rental to avoid the hassle of dealing with new tenants every week or month in the summer, even though I could have made more money that way. You may find an owner who feels the same.

Friar1610
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 06:56 PM

16 posts, read 22,020 times
Not much to add but MB is opening june 19th. Hubby is in training to work there, Ha!

Old 05-25-2012, 04:31 AM

422 posts, read 1,471,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taybabes32 View Post
Not much to add but MB is opening june 19th. Hubby is in training to work there, Ha!
will be seeing your hubby around in MB then congrats on his new job

Old 05-30-2012, 06:07 AM

18 posts, read 54,811 times
Hey everyone! Thanks again for the help. So I interviews and now I play the waiting game. I decided since I drove up there I would check it out for the day. My research and my personal taste showed Falmouth and Hyannis to be as far as I would want to live (if not in Sandwich). I checked out both and they looked a bit more happening then Sandwich. It seemed (and I was told and research shows) Hyannis has all the happening stuff. It also looked like Falmouth was in between Hyannis and Sandwich.

As a young guy I have a lot to weigh. I don't want to be too far from job (25min. drive tops) and I know summer traffic can be tough. I also, as much as I love the woods, want to live somewhere where I am close to some action (and preferably other young professionals).

I have to weigh all of these, mainly; wanting to be near some action, wanting to be close to outdoor recreation (trails), close to job, and of course cost.

Any thought along these lines or with those three towns?

Old 05-30-2012, 08:53 AM

2,202 posts, read 5,343,099 times
You are 100% correct that Falmouth and Hyannis are much more happening than Sandwich. Sorry to throw a fly in the ointment but the other place to consider is Mashpee which is right in between all 3 towns. It would give you access to work and both social outlets. If your work is off of 130 it wouldn't be a bad drive.

Otherwise, I would suggest Hyannis for commuting to Sandwich. It's not as bad as trying to get to and from Falmouth in the summer. I'm not sure what areas in Hyannis to live in to be closer to other young professionals. I just suggest you avoid areas off of Bearse's Way. You will find cheap housing but it's cheap for a reason. I am sure your employer will have some suggestions for housing.

Good luck!

Old 06-07-2012, 09:01 PM

18 posts, read 54,811 times
Hey everyone, I got the job! Now its on to search for living. If anyone is or knows of someone renting in or near Sandwich please get in touch. Looking for something under $1000/mo, year round, full kitchen, storage would be great. I'm a young professional, will be involved in work mostly, no smoking or parties. If I could bring my two very well behaved old cats (neutered) that would be great too! Thanks.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:19 AM

7 posts, read 8,531 times
Hi, I am in the same boat as you were. I'm a young professional going to be moving in April for a job in Sandwich, and I'm also having trouble finding a one-bedroom at a reasonable price. Did you ever have any luck with it? I'm not there yet (coming from the Midwest), so I haven't had time to look in person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts