Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2012, 02:49 PM

16 posts, read 45,460 times

Advertisements

So, I'm 18 and don't have my license yet. I failed my first road test at the Worcester RMV because of a technicality, i.e., the examiner asked me to turn left at an intersection, I yielded to a few cars first and then turned just as the yellow light turned red and he gave me a failure for a traffic light violation.

I will admit that I never took driver's ed and didn't think anything of getting a license until now. :/

Anyway, does anybody have any thoughts about the Worcester RMV? Everytime I go there, the lines are always long and slow, the employees are always brisk and rude, especially to minorities, in my experience.

I've also looked at the pass/fail rates for road tests in various RMVs in Massachusetts. The Worcester RMV has a pretty low pass rate compared to other locations. Why is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 11:36 PM

7 posts, read 22,403 times
Don't blame the RMV because you ran a red light. Re-take the test and pay attention. You were lucky you didn't cause an accident. If you think the employees are rude now, you should have been there 15+ years ago, it is much better now.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:53 AM

16 posts, read 45,460 times
Thanks for the self-righteousness, but I already took the test and passed without any unlucky technicality nonsense.

Not to mention you didn't answer my question, which is why Worcester RMV's pass rate is low compared to other RMVs.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:47 AM

23 posts, read 65,996 times
The RMV isn't a fun place, no matter the location, unfortunately. The lines are always long it seems. I went to the Worcester DMV to get a new license. Got there a 1/2 hour before it opened and there was already a huge line outside.

As for your test, buy the driver's ed book and read it through and through. Just be really careful, overly cautious even, and you'll pass.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:34 PM

1 posts, read 11,300 times
Jushfinisht, Im taking my roadtest on Wednesday. I, as well as you, noticed their low pass rate. What are the major hazards or like tricky places you experienced on your route>? Thanks

Old 03-08-2014, 11:57 PM

1 posts, read 8,260 times
RMV in Worcester RUDE!? nah... UHH... how about racist..?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
View detailed profiles of: