Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 09:11 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,508,145 times

Advertisements

Just a fun question here. I'd like to know if you guys like Dunkin Donuts (DD) coffee or Starbucks.
I'm ask this on the MA forum because I grew up in MA. and all I can remember from my youth is Dunkin Donuts as the main player on the coffee seen. Granted Honey Dew was also around but was not of any significance then or now. My father swears buy DD's coffee and was brought up to love it. But as time went on and Starbucks came to town I learn to love the flavor and richness of Starbuck coffee. And now I can't stand DD's coffee and avoid it if possible. I wondering if there are any converts such as myself in MA. Or if DD it still the main player in coffee.

Thanks Guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 10:13 AM

25 posts, read 83,759 times
Well, I am DD all the way! And I'm certainly not alone b/c every once in a while when you listen to a traffic report you will here about the DD affect. That is when the cars in queue at the drive-thru pour out onto a main road and hold up traffic. This happens in the morning commute hours. They are looking to put up a new DD in my town and before it was approved, they had to increase the number of cars that would fit in the drive-thru line b/c they were concerned with that.
So there still are a great many DD faithful but Starbucks does quite well around here too!

Old 10-09-2007, 11:12 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,741,931 times
Dunkin' Donuts all the way........Starbucks has great hot chocolate though!

Old 10-09-2007, 11:13 AM

212 posts, read 948,267 times
I hate Dunkin coffee - yuck. Their flavored coffees and drinks are disgusting and artificial tasting. I like Starbucks and Pete's, but mostly buy organic coffee and make it at home. Saves a ton of money to make it at home and carry it in an insulated mug.

By the way, did you ever stop to think about how much CO2 is sent into the atmosphere due to Dunkin Donuts drive thru lanes? They should be banned.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:28 AM

4,848 posts, read 11,810,036 times
I grew up on Starbucks, but after being in MA for 2 yrs I think it's too bitter now. I'm a Dunkin convert.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:11 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,437,138 times
I HATE Dunkin Donuts, I guess because I hate donuts, LOL. I LOVE Starbucks, in the summer I get their frappuchino's and in the winter I like their white chocolate mochas or hot chocolates. I also like their scones and other pastries.... we are in central MA and the closest Starbucks is 30 minute drive from here :-(

Old 10-09-2007, 12:14 PM

130 posts, read 832,643 times
Hi-

I'm in the make-it-at-home camp, until I need a latte fix.

My beef with DD is that they do the milk and sugar for you and you don't get to do it your own way. Mine usually turns out WAAY too sugary.

maybe that's just the ones around here though?

Old 10-09-2007, 12:23 PM

458 posts, read 2,290,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
Just a fun question here. I'd like to know if you guys like Dunkin Donuts (DD) coffee or Starbucks.
I'm ask this on the MA forum because I grew up in MA. and all I can remember from my youth is Dunkin Donuts as the main player on the coffee seen. Granted Honey Dew was also around but was not of any significance then or now. My father swears buy DD's coffee and was brought up to love it. But as time went on and Starbucks came to town I learn to love the flavor and richness of Starbuck coffee. And now I can't stand DD's coffee and avoid it if possible. I wondering if there are any converts such as myself in MA. Or if DD it still the main player in coffee.

Thanks Guys.
I used to also be a diehard DD fan--but once I realized how rich Starbucks coffee was and also LESS EXPENSIVE than DD!! if you just buy a regular coffee (rather than a fancy coffee drink), I flipped over to the evil empire instead. Now I can only drink iced DD--the hot brewed tastes like swill to me now.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:32 PM

1,405 posts, read 4,787,006 times
I brew Cafe Bustelo (black, at coffee strength at home) ...so I'm spoiled.
In my opinion, Dunkin Donuts ordinary coffee is excellent - I think it's better than most of the cups of coffee you're likely to get from Starbucks (they serve so many blends and roasts) on any given day.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:32 PM

1,810 posts, read 10,486,157 times
Why it is always... DD or Starbuck... what happened to HoneyDew, Marylou, Seattle best, machine, ... home brew?

I'm too cheap to go to either(or any).... You can easily spend $5 on coffee... (umm.... that is my budget for lunch.)

I brew my own....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
View detailed profiles of: