Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 05:16 PM

14 posts, read 19,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
You should read Eric Dolin's book How America First Met China to get your answer.

And the conversation had moved from Boston to Quincy, which is far smaller and much more parochial than Boston.
Okay so you successfully dodged the billion dollar question and I'd assume you can't name ONE example where there was a significant mixing/invasion between Europe and China.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:21 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,769,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post

As a quick FYI, the last I checked, Quincy only has one Kamman and a much smaller Quan Dat Vietnamese grocer...for a total of two Asian grocery stores. It has one Shaws, two Stop & Shop and one Hannaford supermarket serving the city (that's four major "American" supermarkets!). The Asians are not overrunning the place.
As a 2015 update to your 2012 post, Quincy now has three East Asian grocery stores, Kamman, Lucky, and New York Supermarket which replaced Quan Dat (or was it spelled Tuan Dat? I forgot). The number of restaurants including dim sum restaurants has increased too as have many other East Asian businesses. There are also a smaller number of South Asian and West Asian (Middle Eastern) businesses. I couldn't care if Asians overrun Quincy because everyone else has done the same to some other place some other time but I'd probably agree with you that it will likely never happen. We're just not California or Hawaii.

I'd rather worry about Boston's Chinatown disappearing right now than anything that happens in Quincy.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
As a 2015 update to your 2012 post, Quincy now has three East Asian grocery stores, Kamman, Lucky, and New York Supermarket which replaced Quan Dat (or was it spelled Tuan Dat? I forgot). The number of restaurants including dim sum restaurants has increased too as have many other East Asian businesses. There are also a smaller number of South Asian and West Asian (Middle Eastern) businesses. I couldn't care if Asians overrun Quincy because everyone else has done the same to some other place some other time but I'd probably agree with you that it will likely never happen. We're just not California or Hawaii.

I'd rather worry about Boston's Chinatown disappearing right now than anything that happens in Quincy.

you worry about Chinatown disappearing but not dying Tibetans with their broken skulls after severe beatings from Chiense?

Old 04-03-2015, 05:46 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,460,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoreanGuy View Post
dude, Japanese interment was more than 70 years ago. And even China did the same thing for a while after the Japanese invasion of China(Actually right after the WWII, Chinese beat a lot of Japanese in China to death). You're complaining that Americans didn't 'hire or invite' Japanese back in the day cause of Pearl Harbor? lmao... yeah.. look what Chinese did to Japanese right after WWII. Americans were the SAINTS compared to Chinese. so... stop embarrassing yourself bro.

70 years ago was nothing. Stop trying to justify American racism by comparing it to other atrocities.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
70 years ago was nothing. Stop trying to justify American racism by comparing it to other atrocities.

Actually it's still happening today. People die everyday cause of severe beatings from Chinese in Tibet. Racist bigot much? How can Chinese themselves do that crap everyday and complain about racism? That's gotta be some comedy haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts