Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2007, 08:34 AM

4,848 posts, read 11,812,501 times

Advertisements

Has anyone been here? I was driving along the peninsula this weekend and the views were breathtaking! Best ocean views I've seen within an hour of Boston. I even saw the Boston Skyline from some back yards there. Too bad even the smallest ranches there are selling for $1 million due to exorbitant land prices.
Here's a picture taken from another part of Marblehead w/"the neck" (and the yacht club) in the background:
http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/phot...48254_7850.jpg
I just love the little boats anchored randomly off the shore -- so New England-esque!

Last edited by Parsec; 10-15-2007 at 08:39 AM.. Reason: fixing link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 12:30 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,657,162 times
I love Marblehead But it is very pricey. I used to live in Swampscott. I will always miss being five minutes from the beach and close to Boston. But i won't miss winter in MA.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:57 PM

5,835 posts, read 5,203,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
Has anyone been here? I was driving along the peninsula this weekend and the views were breathtaking! Best ocean views I've seen within an hour of Boston. I even saw the Boston Skyline from some back yards there. Too bad even the smallest ranches there are selling for $1 million due to exorbitant land prices.
Here's a picture taken from another part of Marblehead w/"the neck" (and the yacht club) in the background:
http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v135/165/122/500226030/n500226030_548254_7850.jpg (broken link)
I just love the little boats anchored randomly off the shore -- so New England-esque!
Great Pic. Hubby going to look at a rental there this week.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:07 AM

345 posts, read 1,578,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v135/165/122/500226030/n500226030_548254_7850.jpg (broken link)

i've been there. It is quite beautiful!! My husband grew up in Marblehead - not on the neck. I once went to a baby shower that was in a beautiful house on the neck. I just daydreamed the whole time what it would be like to live there lol!!

Old 10-16-2007, 01:13 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,343,091 times
I live in Salem, the poor cousin.

MarbleHEAD (as the natives say), is beautiful, but they sure do get away with not having the mandated low-income rental properties! I think they must have one place, where Salem has over the mandate - at least 15%. Mandate is 10%, as you may know. Money talks? No low-income people allowed?

I also like when they shut off the town on July 4th so nobody else can go to the beach to see the fireworks.

Ah, I'm just jealous - like I said, we are the poor cousin who seldom gets invited to the table. I think when I drive there to go to the vet, they're staring at my old car. I have two friends who grew up there, but then couldn't afford to stay as adults.

I remember once Liz Taylor and Richard Burton were going to buy "The Castle" over there on the Neck for 8 million, several years ago, but they didn't.

Old 01-27-2008, 12:56 PM

1 posts, read 3,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
I live in Salem, the poor cousin.

MarbleHEAD (as the natives say), is beautiful, but they sure do get away with not having the mandated low-income rental properties! I think they must have one place, where Salem has over the mandate - at least 15%. Mandate is 10%, as you may know. Money talks? No low-income people allowed?

I also like when they shut off the town on July 4th so nobody else can go to the beach to see the fireworks.

Ah, I'm just jealous - like I said, we are the poor cousin who seldom gets invited to the table. I think when I drive there to go to the vet, they're staring at my old car. I have two friends who grew up there, but then couldn't afford to stay as adults.

I remember once Liz Taylor and Richard Burton were going to buy "The Castle" over there on the Neck for 8 million, several years ago, but they didn't.
You have NO idea what you're talking about.

Marblehead has over six different neighborhoods that are mandated low-income housing. Marblehead actually has MORE low-income housing than Salem.

And they have NEVER shut off the beach or any part of the town to outsiders during the 4th. In fact the beach is where everyone goes! They have shut off the causeway road (that leads to the neck) and that is only because they would shoot the fireworks off from the causeway and obviously you cant have cars driving next to that. Now they have the fireworks on a barge, and you can drive across the causeway.

Do your research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts