Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2013, 01:44 PM

209 posts, read 247,205 times

Advertisements

so my fiance got roped into one of those time share things at oak and spruce resort for 99 dollars we get 2 nights at the crown plaza in pittsfield a tour of the resort 40 dollars in gift cards and a separate vacation for 3 nights plus use of the resort for 3 days we do have to listen to the whole time share thingy for 90 minutes
. the only time we have free is in march so we are going on the 21st-23 all i know is they have an outlet in lee and thats it.

what is there to do in the area i am not expecting bars or clubs or even a shopping mall i don't think there is a shopping mall besides the outlets.

we do need places to eat we are not picky eaters we just dont like mexican or asian. trying to stay away from chain restaurants as we live in connecticut and the chains are the same there. is there any nightlife in that area i am huge into line dancing ( don't think ill find a country bar but it wont hurt to ask) we shoot pool once in a while hit up the country bar or karaoke bars were not big on hip hop kinda bars.

any vintage shops

i know march is not the best time to go up to this area but id rather go in the summer but my fiances work scheduled in the summer does not work with the package requirements and the college he works at is on spring break when we are going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 04:59 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,829,421 times
The "Croak and Spruce" has never had a good reputation, but what do you care? It should tell you something that they're not even putting you up there as part of their deal. You'd actually be closer to things to do in Stockbridge than in Lee - Oak & Spruce is in the southernmost part of Lee and not far east of the Stockbridge line. It doesn't seem like you're museum-goers, but if I'm wrong you'd enjoy the Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge and MassMOCA in North Adams, as well as the Berkshire Museum in Pittsfield and Hancock Shaker Village.
"Outdoorsy" people are the type most attracted to the area for visiting because so much of it isn't developed and a lot of that is permanently conserved. There are some ski slopes as well as plenty of XC trails to be found. Hiking and biking can be as easy or challenging as you want. Spring is one of the best times to be in the Berkshires, 'cause it's in between the skiing season and all the summer festivals (Tanglewood, Jacob's Pillow, etc) that get started in May. And it's also when the migrating birds are passing through and the "native" ones are celebrating the end of winter, while trees bud and flower bloom. I can't wait for my own visit there this April, to go tromping around my favorite places.
Lee is probably best known for its DOWNscale eating, because Joe's Diner (its actual name) was put on the map a long time ago. (Norman Rockwell painted a scene in there for a Saturday Evening Post cover.) Joe's is a diner just like you'd expect. But its small-town vibe is out of an era that's vanished in most of the country. Just about everyone who walks in is greeted by name, with more gossip slung than hash. And outsiders such as me and you are fully included in the easygoing flow of conversation. It's one of those places where the food is only part of the experience.
Nearby Great Barrington (the next town south of Stockbridge along Route 7) is my favorite part of the county. Still on the topic of eating, there are some good and unpretentious bars/restaurants such as 20 Railroad St, the address of which I'm sure you've guessed. The "Asian" and Mexican spots are easily enough bypassed. Downtown Pittsfield is still staggering off the ropes after the Berkshire Mall opened in nearby Lanesborough some 25 or so years ago. But I've spotted a few spots that look halfway decent here and there.
Berkshire County is more "crunchy granola" than country-western, so I don't know how much there is in the way of line dancing or that type of music in the area. There's bound to be some though.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:15 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,546,706 times
Be prepared for some unrelenting "pressure" at the time share presentation. Hope you have lots of resistance.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:01 AM

209 posts, read 247,205 times
We went there before and delt with the pressure we know
how to handle them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts