Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 03:54 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,385,615 times

Advertisements

No one would want him buried near their own plots/people because of the potential extremists on both sides- those who want to desecrate his area, and those who want to venerate, leaving no peace for anyone. I wouldn't want a circus of this kind buried near me or mine, and if I owned a cemetery, I wouldn't want these problems in it, regardless of who the dead person was.
Obviously, he should go back to his family. Surely they can find a couple of thousand bucks to send the body back, or maybe some co-religionists could do so anonymously. Too bad if cremation is against the religion- so are lots of things he did- so if no one will pony up the money to send him back, cremate him and send him back that way.
Hitler's former bunker is now under a parking lot with ethnic restaurants by the street. No one can make it a place of veneration or attention, for that matter. I do think that is the main issue- the circus on all sides that would attend his grave in this country. If his parents can't find their way clear to get a few bucks to bring the body to their home, I don't know that they'd have the right to know where he's buried as a pauper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 03:58 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,366,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Been hearing all these reports about protesting Americans in front of the funeral home. Take a look at the pictures on line of his corpse...This guy had a horrific death...not saying he paid the price....but seriously - It's a dead body...He is not in there anymore- Bury the damned thing...and stop making such a fuss about a corpse. Respect the dead no matter what...There was a time when this young man was someones child and was loved and did love. Americans should show they are better than THAT. Put him to rest in a quiet place and forget about him.
I agree. I never got the eye-for-an-eye thing. It brings no one back. I say pick a place, bury him, and don't tell the media. We don't have to know EVERYTHING!

Old 05-06-2013, 04:35 PM

127 posts, read 431,837 times
his uncle claims Cambridge is his home pfttt. I know its just a body but dump him in the sea with bin laden good place for him. Uncle has claimed the body but that has not helped find a burial plot no one wants him in their place. I can see it as a trouble spot and would need security, unless its done without anyone knowing but i'm sure it would get out sooner or later where he is buried.

burial at seas would be a fine way to go... many sailors do it.

Old 05-06-2013, 04:39 PM

708 posts, read 1,060,075 times
Send him back to Dagestan or Chechnya or wherever he came from.We don't need him here.Sorry,not usually so blunt,but he is a murderer.

Old 05-06-2013, 05:07 PM

10,020 posts, read 15,662,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
No one would want him buried near their own plots/people because of the potential extremists on both sides- those who want to desecrate his area, and those who want to venerate, leaving no peace for anyone. I wouldn't want a circus of this kind buried near me or mine, and if I owned a cemetery, I wouldn't want these problems in it, regardless of who the dead person was.
Obviously, he should go back to his family. Surely they can find a couple of thousand bucks to send the body back, or maybe some co-religionists could do so anonymously. Too bad if cremation is against the religion- so are lots of things he did- so if no one will pony up the money to send him back, cremate him and send him back that way.
Hitler's former bunker is now under a parking lot with ethnic restaurants by the street. No one can make it a place of veneration or attention, for that matter. I do think that is the main issue- the circus on all sides that would attend his grave in this country. If his parents can't find their way clear to get a few bucks to bring the body to their home, I don't know that they'd have the right to know where he's buried as a pauper.
Absolutely. The family or their government either ponies up the money or we get to decide what we do with the remains.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:45 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
I vote for cremation and the ashes be scattered at sea.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:53 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,029,371 times
I just saw this:

Burial plot offered for Boston Marathon bombing suspect - WFSB 3 Connecticut

Old 05-07-2013, 07:19 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,973,339 times
I really don't see why this has turned into such a big deal. There must be prisoners and other criminals whose bodies go unclaimed. I imagine they are buried in unmarked graves somewhere. Why not just do the same here?

Old 05-07-2013, 08:58 AM

12,863 posts, read 22,021,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exnj1970 View Post
Send him back to Dagestan or Chechnya or wherever he came from.We don't need him here.Sorry,not usually so blunt,but he is a murderer.
Right. Because we don't bury murderers (inc. many famous mass murders) here in the good 'ol U.S. of A.

Bury him. here, there (so long as the entire thing is privately funded), anywhere. I don't care.

I don't see the outrage with burying him in MA/ the U.S. This is a guy who hated the United States so much that he chose to violently attack innocent civilians in an incredibly cowardly fashion. What more could you do to spite that kind of person than bury him deep in the soil of the place he hated more than any other? Send him back the Chechnya? Sure, if we're not footing the bill. But then again isn't that sort of doing the memory of Tamerlan a favor? It's certainly what his mother (who is a complete nut) would like. I don't really feel like doing either of them any favors on my dime, but I'd have no problem with a group of people raising the money to send the body back. I just don't feel we need to send it back.

I'm not in favor of cremation simply because it's a big violation of the Islamic faith. Now, I'm not a religious person by any stretch (I'm agnostic), but I do believe in respecting people's faiths. Terrorists and extremists are known for dragging the bodies of dead Americans through the streets, burning them, hanging them from bridges, etc. Cremation in Islam is viewed as an almost equally appalling treatment of the body and would not go over well (regardless of how much of a scum bag this guy was). I think it would be spiteful and it would only add fuel to the anti-American fire. We love to believe we're "better than that" when it comes to these terrorists, so prove it. Bury him following the correct procedures (well, the within 24 hours rule is sort of out the window, but the rest are still in play) and prove we're better than that. Then let whichever deity you believe is out there handle it.

But yeah...this is getting stupid now.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:03 AM

101 posts, read 248,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Hitler's known remains were cremated and then dumped into the sewer system in an east german city. not a bad idea if you ask me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts