Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2013, 04:46 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,643,596 times

Advertisements

Does anyone on C-D know what it is like to live at the Spring Street Townhomes or Village condominium townhomes (noise, friendly neighbors). Village condominiums is the one close to Waverly Square. Spring Street is closer to Watertown Square. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 07:07 PM

4,848 posts, read 11,811,272 times
U thinking of moving 495neighbor?

Old 07-06-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
U thinking of moving 495neighbor?
Parsec, you got it. I am scoping out places a little closer to downtown than where I am at (Acton). I suppose I will have to change my moniker after the move to something like H20TownNeighbor. One of the places is the area of Watertown NW of the square, also NE along the Cambridge border. I have already eliminated the area along Beacon Street, too much traffic.

Old 07-07-2013, 01:02 PM

Good to hear that, I am assuming the kids are done with school and you want to downsize? I am doing the opposite moving from Newton (700sf) to Natick (1600sf) to Sudbury (3000+sf), but hopefully moving back inside 128 in 15 years.

Anyway back to the topic, I have a friend who's lived in Watertown his whole life so I can ask him if he knew anyone growing up in those townhouses.

Old 07-07-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Good to hear that, I am assuming the kids are done with school and you want to downsize? I am doing the opposite moving from Newton (700sf) to Natick (1600sf) to Sudbury (3000+sf), but hopefully moving back inside 128 in 15 years.

Anyway back to the topic, I have a friend who's lived in Watertown his whole life so I can ask him if he knew anyone growing up in those townhouses.
Thanks Parsec, any insider scoop much appreciated. Me: single, no kids, but enjoy living around a range of age groups, early 40s, female. Hope you are enjoying Sudbury.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:43 PM

I did speak to my buddy, but unfortunately he's not too familiar with either complex. He's never heard of the Spring Street Townhomes and drives down Spring Street all the time, but couldn't recall ever seeing any townhouses. He does know of the Village condos - very popular complex in town, but he doesn't know anyone personally who lives there. He says they are really small and gets a sense that it's a little outdated, so it's probably best for yuppies or the elderly. That usually means a relatively quiet community. Location-wise he would choose Spring Street in a heartbeat. You are walking distance to a ton of restaurants and also to the express bus that goes to Boston which runs every 10 minutes during rush hour. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
I did speak to my buddy, but unfortunately he's not too familiar with either complex. He's never heard of the Spring Street Townhomes and drives down Spring Street all the time, but couldn't recall ever seeing any townhouses. He does know of the Village condos - very popular complex in town, but he doesn't know anyone personally who lives there. He says they are really small and gets a sense that it's a little outdated, so it's probably best for yuppies or the elderly. That usually means a relatively quiet community. Location-wise he would choose Spring Street in a heartbeat. You are walking distance to a ton of restaurants and also to the express bus that goes to Boston which runs every 10 minutes during rush hour. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Thanks Parsec. Actually, all of that is quite helpful, the comparison between one location vs the other. I would have assumed the opposite without really knowing. I have visited the Village a few times, very nice people and there did seem to be many yuppie couples and seniors, not many children or singles. They once and may still have a no pet policy. That is the major drawback for a present and future pet owner. For the money and location, the ones I saw were in good condition and actually seemed good sized to me, at least for one person. One thing I didn't like was that the kitchen was microscopic and I'm a foodie who enjoys cooking. (One of the attractions of Watertown is the ethnic grocery markets.) I also like to see a few more trees and flowers in a commons area. That your friend wasn't aware of the townhouse on Spring street seems like a positive. Possibly these places are close enough to some activity yet offer some quiet and privacy.

Last edited by 495neighbor; 07-09-2013 at 09:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts