Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 11:13 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,345,690 times

Advertisements

I worked in Wareham for years. I would not buy a house there if I had school age children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2014, 02:16 AM

837 posts, read 1,225,755 times
My family had a summer cottage in the Wareham area when I was a kid. I've got a ton of happy memories OTOH I remember my mother having to drive to the A&P at the bridge for groceries or having to drive to Hyannis to do any other kind of shopping because back then Wareham/Buzzards Bay was a very sleepy place with a few restaurants scattered on Cranberry Highway.

Its main problem IMO is location. Other than Rte. 25 there is no direct access to any of the major highways. I have a coworker who lives down that way...she has to negotiate back roads to avoid the bridge to get to Rte. 3 for work, and it can take her up to an hour or more depending on the weather and/or time of year.

At one point it was on our short list when we were thinking of moving. We discarded it because of the the location.

BTW, the downtown area as well as Onset has always had that "seedy" feel. You didn't want to stay too long in either place even back when I was a girl and that was a long time ago.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:20 AM

2 posts, read 3,430 times
Lol.. seriously? Wareham is a seriously chill area the only problems we have here are the young riff raff smoking there joints.. there are some heroine addicts about.. but they are harmless.. I've lived in wareham center for years now and haven't had any issues.. just a funny character walking bye or a gaggle of kids smoking a blunt at the worst.. if you say wareham is dangerous your an idiot with no real world experience.. sorry to be so blunt.. but this is a lovely place to live

Old 04-22-2016, 08:23 AM

2 posts, read 3,430 times
**** even the couple homeless people running around are really nnice if you give them the time of day.. but sounds to me like your the kind of people who judge others entirely too harshly.. the stuck up on this thread is unbelievable lol

Old 04-22-2016, 11:00 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
A quick click on Zillow.

School ratings:
Wareham Middle - 2
Wareham Senior High - 4

In Marion just to the west, the Sippican K-6 elementary school is a 9

For a summer cottage, it doesn't matter other than your resale will always be limited because the property has low value to families with children shopping for a primary residence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts