Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 07:05 AM

1,403 posts, read 2,503,896 times

Advertisements

Have y'all heard about this?

Boston Bomber: How Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Fell Into Radical Islam | Culture News | Rolling Stone

I found out about it on Rolling Stone's FB and they are getting a beating right now. A group has been made called "Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine for their latest cover" if you guys want to join.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 08:13 AM

2,202 posts, read 5,355,148 times
Better yet, boycott all of Wenner Media's publications and websites.

Rolling Stone, US Weekly and Men's Journal

Old 07-17-2013, 08:26 AM

2,723 posts, read 6,108,256 times
It's just journalism people. And RS is known for it's controversial covers. Remember the 17 y/o Britney Spears?

All these boycotts do if help them sell more copies.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:41 AM

The problem with this issue is that they make him appear glorified and they don't even have him looking like he's been through hell. Many are outraged and feel for the city because of this issue. I mean, TIME has controversial figures on the front page all the time but there isn't any hype because they do it in a classy way. Not like this. This magazine is supposed to be reserved for famous musicians, not terrorists.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:48 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,943,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAinSC View Post
SNIP. This magazine is supposed to be reserved for famous musicians, not terrorists.
Says who? The solution is simple, don't buy the magazine or even better, start a competing magazine and put them out of business.

In the end though, the magazine editors get to decide what to put on the cover, not you, me or anyone else.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:52 AM

2,202 posts, read 5,355,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
It's just journalism people. And RS is known for it's controversial covers. Remember the 17 y/o Britney Spears?

All these boycotts do if help them sell more copies.
I don't agree.

Boycotts speak to the advertisers more than they do the magazine.
From their websites I see AMEX, Jet Blue, Good Year and Office Max are a few.

The story inside is journalism, the cover is for shock value. He is depicted as a rockstar.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Says who? The solution is simple, don't buy the magazine or even better, start a competing magazine and put them out of business.

In the end though, the magazine editors get to decide what to put on the cover, not you, me or anyone else.
In my both mine and many eyes, it is reserved for the top musicians. That's how I have always viewed them. I would never expect to see a killer on the cover. If I did, at least picture him in a mug shot. He just looks so God-like. From the comments I have seen, many people have stated they thought he was a rock star until they read the fine script. That's why I think a lot of people are upset.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:47 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Angry Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine!

After seeing that son-of-a-terrorist-***** on their cover, I will never buy their magazine again. I could care less about the "story". He's a piece of ****, he chose to kill, nevermind what his parents did. Gee, let's throw parents under the bus and give kids free rein to be killers because they can just blame it on us, right? Way to go, glorifying terrorism right here in the good ole USofA. They should just rename the magazine رولينج ستون.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:28 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,749,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post

What if they put Hitler on the cover?
I'm sure they will be forced to close one way or another.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:33 AM

143 posts, read 300,165 times
The lad is a teen heart throb what else do you bloodthirsty people want?!!

He even has a teeny bopper girl fanclub.. Leave Tsarnaev alone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts