Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2013, 09:24 PM

5 posts, read 5,290 times

Advertisements

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me regarding this move. My husband took a job in Taunton, MA and starts on the 24th. We are in our early 50's no kids coming with us, but we have a 9 year old Golden Retriever, who is very well behaved and is our baby... We are going to be set up in a Holiday Inn until we find a place. We are looking to RENT wanting to pay no more than $1,700 a month. We want a garage for Harley storage. I have been looking on Craigs List, Realtor.com, Homes.com, etc. and not having any luck...

Never been to MA, and not wanting to buy at this time til we feel the area out...Can anyone tell me some good areas within 25 miles from Taunton. Any area between Canton and Taunton.... We are both layed back so, don't need the night life....I do like a nice shopping center This is just a scary situation moving somewhere and not knowing a person, and hoping you find somewhere nice to live. So hard to find a place that will take pets. Wanting a house so our Golden has a yard. Any advise?????

Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2013, 08:19 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,644,887 times
I would start looking in Franklin, Walpole and Norwood. Franklin has a cute old downtown around Dean College, the Wrentham factory outlets close by, a Whole Foods in Bellingham and a Lowes with a shopping area with more shopping in nearby Milford. Norwood and Walpole have all the shopping on Route 1 and have cute downtowns each with more family owned stores. All three are laid back towns. When visiting Franklin and Walpole, I see many dog walkers, so I assume these are very dog friendly towns. There are many state parks around these areas so there must be some good dog parks in the area.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:20 PM

34 posts, read 46,915 times
I just did a mls search for properties that allow dogs and have a garage it looks like there is 1 in Wareham, Fall River, Norwood and Mattapoisett. Finding places that allow pets is defiantly not easy.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:49 PM

[=495neighbor;30590752]I would start looking in Franklin, Walpole and Norwood. Franklin has a cute old downtown around Dean College, the Wrentham factory outlets close by, a Whole Foods in Bellingham and a Lowes with a shopping area with more shopping in nearby Milford. Norwood and Walpole have all the shopping on Route 1 and have cute downtowns each with more family owned stores. All three are laid back towns. When visiting Franklin and Walpole, I see many dog walkers, so I assume these are very dog friendly towns. There are many state parks around these areas so there must be some good dog parks in the area.[/quote]

Thank you so much for your thoughts on towns...I've written them down. And I will drive through those towns and see if I see any signs up for rent. Here in FL. you see so many signs that are not listed...

Old 07-21-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas_quinn View Post
I just did a mls search for properties that allow dogs and have a garage it looks like there is 1 in Wareham, Fall River, Norwood and Mattapoisett. Finding places that allow pets is defiantly not easy.

Thank you for your checking, we may have to forgo the garage, and get some storage somewhere. And maybe have a better chance on something...

Old 07-21-2013, 03:36 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,644,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinglife77 View Post
[=495neighbor;30590752]I would start looking in Franklin, Walpole and Norwood. Franklin has a cute old downtown around Dean College, the Wrentham factory outlets close by, a Whole Foods in Bellingham and a Lowes with a shopping area with more shopping in nearby Milford. Norwood and Walpole have all the shopping on Route 1 and have cute downtowns each with more family owned stores. All three are laid back towns. When visiting Franklin and Walpole, I see many dog walkers, so I assume these are very dog friendly towns. There are many state parks around these areas so there must be some good dog parks in the area.

Thank you so much for your thoughts on towns...I've written them down. And I will drive through those towns and see if I see any signs up for rent. Here in FL. you see so many signs that are not listed...[/quote]

And don't forget Craigs list. You could probably find a small house with a yard to rent in one of these towns or possibly a shared duplex.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:55 PM

10,022 posts, read 15,665,421 times
I'd look in Mansfield, much closer to your husband's job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts