Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 11:23 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,844,919 times

Advertisements

There are a lot of threads about neighbors who cant get along.....

My word- help a neighbor out and just rake them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 02:15 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,107,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
Like surfing the web? Everyone has different priorities.

The "law" for raking leaves is based on local town ordinance. Some towns have an ordinance of some sort which states you must keep your lawn in "presentable condition." Once I got a $100 citation for letting my grass grow to my ankles. This was when I used to live in Atlanta.

I am all for that kind of ordinance in my city....if you dont want to keep your property in presentable shape, then dont own the property. Live in a high rise....

The only neighbors who "dont mind messy neighbors" are....messy neighbors.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:43 AM

1,348 posts, read 3,099,314 times
I would hate to live in your neighborhood. You would hate me as a neighbor.
I don't rake leaves , but i also cut down all the trees in my yard. I have grass and nothing else in my yard , except in the winter i have a 35' × 70' hockey rink in my backyard with floodlights and bleachers and a firepit.
I have a ton of things I would and do rather than yardwork.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:04 AM

466 posts, read 643,944 times
Some people are just jerks, and that includes neighbors. A neighbor about 5 houses down and on a cross street to our house once knocked on our door because she was upset that I had parked in front of her house. We were having some sort of work done and couldn't park in our driveway, and it was legal to park along the curb on her street (not ours). This was not a habit - just a few days and I may have forgotten to move it back one night - and we were not blocking her driveway in any way. She was just pissed because someone came over and was not able to park right in front of her house, they had to park one house down. I nicely apologized (just being neighborly) and told her I'd move the car and she just continued to be really rude about it. Again, some people just enjoy being jerks. If you know you're not doing anything wrong, ignore them.

We've being lucky to have good immediate neighbors. Our leaves get on their yards, and theirs on ours. It's normal. Our neighbor does a worse job than we do of picking up, and some of it blows over. We survive, and we still get along great with them. It's a minor thing and certainly not worth getting upset about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
View detailed profiles of: