Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 11:20 AM

341 posts, read 672,045 times

Advertisements

I have a funny but very realistic question; what are my chances of getting windows etc smashed if I have CA plates?? I am being serious.....people do not like people from CA...( I dont either), but I am driving this relatively old car back there......before getting my BMW (kidding),,,,,want to almost immediately get MA plates as not to be seen as "person from CA"....
I will park car in uncle's DW,,,,,but ya never know and he lives in nice community. Am I being ridiculous,,,,I lived in some rather tough type towns in MA in past, but now will feel like stranger again...lol
I am sure it depends on the town.....

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 07:58 AM

4,620 posts, read 4,887,043 times
The thing is, most people won't realize it, if you've got the CA white plate.

CA white plates and new MA plates are almost identical except the colours are reversed. Same fonts and spacing. MA has blue letters and red numbers. California has red letters and blue numbers. For the 6 months I still had CA plates on my car, most people didn't even notice. Once a kid said that car is from California and the mom said no it isn't. She had to take a triple take to finally realize that the plates were actually CA not MA.

No problems in Worcester, surrounding communities, Natick/Framingham, or Lowell. Or parking in the Riverside lot.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:52 AM

503 posts, read 1,203,768 times
Yes your being ridiculous to worry someone will smash your windows just because you have California plates on your car.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:14 AM

686 posts, read 1,137,538 times
Seriously ridiculous. I drive up to Gloucester all the time from NYC with New York plates and New York sports teams stickers. Never, ever had a problem and park on the street all the time.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:01 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,798,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhapsodie2014 View Post
I have a funny but very realistic question; what are my chances of getting windows etc smashed if I have CA plates?? I am being serious.....people do not like people from CA...( I dont either), but I am driving this relatively old car back there......before getting my BMW (kidding),,,,,want to almost immediately get MA plates as not to be seen as "person from CA"....
I will park car in uncle's DW,,,,,but ya never know and he lives in nice community. Am I being ridiculous,,,,I lived in some rather tough type towns in MA in past, but now will feel like stranger again...lol
I am sure it depends on the town.....

Thanks
I think you're being a bit much when you say people here do not like people from California. Not to mention that people would go around smashing windows of those from California.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:07 AM

4,848 posts, read 11,805,876 times
I've never heard of anyone not liking people from California. It's mostly New York and New Jersey...

Old 09-18-2013, 11:16 AM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
Default CA plates?

Everyone loves Canadians.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:33 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
I've never heard of anyone not liking people from California. It's mostly New York and New Jersey...

Lakers fans, yeah, but its a non issue.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:10 PM

417 posts, read 733,905 times
yeah i think you're being ridiculous as well. is this how Californians treat Bostonians in CA or something? bc i have never heard of that happening here.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:31 PM

341 posts, read 672,045 times
Okay.......sometimes you do have problems with out of state plates......I had some people in Maine...be very nasty and I attribute it to having MA plates, everyone has different experiences. There are so many people in CA that no one would notice where your plates are from.....and I did see a lot of cars vandalized in certain neighborhoods back there....in the 80s though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts