Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2013, 09:10 PM

5 posts, read 9,705 times

Advertisements

I was working 60-80 hours a week while in school doing home care when one client got a live in person i worked for 24 hours a week and then my full time person passed away suddenly from a massive stroke a month later leaving me with 18 hours at the only client I have left. I filed 8 weeks ago, and nothing! I called and the man says to me he cant really guess how much time it will take because an actual person has to sit down and look at it because I have all these red flags because I'm in school and still work part time. Oh brother. I finish nursing school in 1 month. I have 4 children and am going through a divorce. Bills to the roof. I mean I am patient but goodness! I am obviously at no fault for my job loss. I work so hard for over 10 years and when I need a little help so I can get through to my nursing license and work as a nurse in our community, i get nothing. How long have some of you waited? I could see a little more if iwere fired or something, but this isnt my fault! Help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 09:43 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,149,724 times
You should try to find another job ASAP. Check out some temp agency work. Otherwise, your unemployment benefits are going to be fraction of what you were making before, so financially you will still be struggling.

I'm impressed that you were working 60-80 hours a week, plus raising four children and going to nursing school. Hopefully, in a month after you graduate, you'll find a great nursing job.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:01 AM

4,618 posts, read 4,885,665 times
From the time I filed in May, it took me 8 weeks to get my first check. There was a "monetary issue". I called weekly after 4 weeks, trying to get an answer. Finally, at the 8th week, I got transferred to someone who could fix the problem.

As you probably know, the walk in places are worthless now.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:50 PM

5 posts, read 9,705 times
I am absolutely open to finding another job. The main focus I have now is studying to pass my boards. I am in school 8-3 monday through friday with an hour commute both ways. It is hard to find something that could work. And my weekly benefit amount, plus still working part time, i actually will get about the same because I was paying so much taxes every week ("0" on my w-4). I am just so close! I just need to keep calling I guess. I called 3 weeks ago and wasnt trying to pester them as I felt I'd get no where. Ill just keep calling every week until I do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts