Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2013, 04:33 PM

2 posts, read 44,633 times

Advertisements

Hey guys. So, I'm taking my road test in Easthampton next Tuesday. I've never been to the area (I signed up because it was the soonest test available, and it's not TOO far away) but it looks like a pretty small, manageable town. I was just wondering, has anyone taken the road test there?

I read a couple of the other threads about Mass road test locations, but none mentioned Easthampton. What's the traffic flow like on weekday mornings? I'm a little nervous about parallel parking (I can do it, but I'm not the most confident parallel parker ever). Do they have you parallel park on the main road, or a side street, or what? Are there any quirks of the layout that I should know about?

Any advice / description of the Easthampton roads in general would be very helpful. I'm really hoping to go down this weekend to practice, but I might have to settle for a few laps around the main area before I go in for my test next week.

For reference, I'm from the Williamstown/North Adams area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 05:57 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
Let's see. There's a lot of slow in-town traffic with cars parked on the side of the road, narrow streets, lots of stoplights. Lots of little side streets with cars pulling out. Streets are not well laid out so it's kind of confusing. You might go along rte 10 with lots of traffic and it's slow going, stop lights and side streets. You would probably have to go through the center of town with the church and shops and that's a mess of slow traffic.

You could go by the lake with traffic coming in all directions. I would say that in Easthampton you take it slow and look around for intersections and side streets and traffic lights. It's not hilly, just if you have to go up the mountain but I don't know if they do that. I drove there for years with no problem except the congested traffic.

Old 06-05-2014, 07:28 PM

1 posts, read 6,041 times
Default my experience on taking road test in easthampton, ma

I took my road test in ehampton, ma recently. I had my license for many years so I was an experienced driver, but go to the test very well prepared. Know your hand signals, how to park on a hill either going up or down with or without a curb, backing up in a straight line parallel parking and a three point turn. My road test was all of five minutes but I had to do all of those maneuvers.

Old 07-31-2016, 07:53 PM

1 posts, read 3,706 times
Hey there ! I am taking my road test in North Adams Mass. I was wondering if there are tricky intersections or tunnels that I need to know about . I am good at three point turns and backing up straight. I can parallel park but that I am the weakest at. I am from the Great barring ton area if that helps

Old 08-24-2016, 10:51 PM

1 posts, read 3,589 times
Never ever ever go to this place for a road test. I literally took it today and the guy didn't even know his own schedule and told me I wasn't supposed to be taking a road test after he got into the car and told me to drive even though I told him it was a last minute appointment. Super rude examiner too! Go here if you want a headache after in my opinion. He was unclear about his directions and won't tell you ahead of time of where he wants you to go. Good luck. Ciao.

Old 08-24-2016, 11:03 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
You're right. I posted on this thread before my husband took his test there. The guy was very rude and failed him because the back seat passenger adjusted her seatbelt!
They are very particular about stopping in the exact spot for a sign or a crosswalk, very picky, very rude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts