Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 06:43 PM

8,547 posts, read 14,012,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Move north View Post
Beantown Mama, I think Concord is it. We drove around town, had a snack at a coffee shop, talked to some of the locals as we walked around town. Good vibe. Not sure our budget will suffice but maybe the spring market will bring more listings?

Not ruling out other towns yet but Concord has risen to the top of the list. Thanks all for the helpful advice.
I'm not sure what you have in mind for your next house but $1.5M should buy you a house in Concord that most people would be quite happy to live in. Of course, it's not going to buy you the house it would in say . . . Ohio but it will still be a pretty nice house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 01:51 PM

8 posts, read 11,520 times
Hello,

I thought I would update on our decision. We decided on Acton and are loving it!! We found a gorgeous home surrounded by conservation land - yet so close to major routes and shopping. We love Roche Brothers and Trader Joes and the TJ Maxx has the be the best one I have ever seen!! The schools are outstanding and I have been so impressed with the level on parent involvement. The schools did such a great job at welcoming our daughter - with orientations, play dates, ambassador families. I was worried coming from a private school - we would feel like fish out of water. So far really great!!

There are countless farms stands and the West Acton farmers market has some really great stands of local produce, cheese, meat, flowers, bread, etc....

Soon after we moved in the Boston Globe ranked Acton Boxborough 3rd best. Plus I think someone told me newsweek ranked AB really high as well. Personally, we have been impressed.

Thanks for all the insight ya'll provided....now we are just bracing ourselves for winter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts