Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 05:06 PM

37 posts, read 98,493 times

Advertisements

From what I have heard Westwood has parts of it that are "cityish" and by cityish I mean densely populated with public transportation and multi-family type living. I had a few questions about Westwood that I forgot to mention in my earlier post.

1. What neighborhoods in Westwood have generally multi-family housing?
2. From Downtown Westwood how long is it (drive) to Downtown Boston?
3. Does Westwood have projects/low income housing?
4. Crime?
5. Nicest/Worst section(s)?
6. Is the Public Transportation good?

If you know at least one of these thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 05:31 PM

10,020 posts, read 15,665,421 times
Yes there's a train and there's also a mbta bus that runs along Rte. 1A. I would not call any of the areas of the town "cityish" at all.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-14-2014 at 06:07 AM..

Old 03-13-2014, 06:38 PM

5,037 posts, read 6,923,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesgale View Post
From what I have heard Westwood has parts of it that are "cityish" and by cityish I mean densely populated with public transportation and multi-family type living. I had a few questions about Westwood that I forgot to mention in my earlier post.

1. What neighborhoods in Westwood have generally multi-family housing?
2. From Downtown Westwood how long is it (drive) to Downtown Boston?
3. Does Westwood have projects/low income housing?
4. Crime?
5. Nicest/Worst section(s)?
6. Is the Public Transportation good?

If you know at least one of these thank you!
1. By the train tracks in Islington there are a few multi-family dwellings. Here is a link to the town zoning map: file:///C:/Users/Matt/Downloads/Town...g_Map_2010.pdf

The multi-family will be the dark yellow "general residence" between Washington St. and the train tracks. Even over there are a lot of single family places

2. Traffic determines this more than anything. Leave early enough and it's 20-25 minutes. Go at the wrong time and it's easily over an hour.

3. Westwood has just a minimal amount of "affordable housing". Certainly no housing projects. They're building a development that will have some more, but that's so far away from the rest of the town that they're essentially in Canton.

4. It's safe. There is some minor crime, but when a few houses gets broken in to we usually get a call from the Town Police warning of a "crime spree". That should give you an idea.

5. The nicest section (to my eye) are the huge mansions between Westwood center and Islington. Not very walkable, but those are some mighty fine looking houses on huge lots. This is blue-green on the zoning map.

6. For the density and location with respect to Boston the public transportation is great, at least if you're commuting. Especially if you live in Islington. There is a bus to Walpole/Dedham/Forest Hills and the commuter rail to Back Bay and South Station. Outside of Islington there isn't much to speak of. It's not the city, though. You wouldn't need a car, but you'd probably want one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts