Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2014, 07:09 AM

10 posts, read 13,524 times

Advertisements

My husband might be transferred to a job in Westford. We just started talking about the possibility of moving...have never been to the area so I have no idea where to start looking for homes.

Budget: $700

We have two kids (grades 2 &4 next year) so good schools are the most important thing for us.

Would like a quieter town but also don't want a home in the middle of nowhere. Would like to be fairly close to schools if possible.

Just trying to get an idea of towns we should look at.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2014, 07:51 AM

10,007 posts, read 15,647,185 times
Westford is nice, the schools are good.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:41 AM

18,703 posts, read 33,366,372 times
How about adjoining Littleton? Very community-minded, and for $700k you could buy pretty much anything you wanted, and it's a quiet town. Not as materialistic as Westford and the schools are fine and very family oriented. (I know that's a subjective assessment of a general feel in Westford…)

Old 04-24-2014, 10:52 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,238,382 times
I would add Acton and Concord (Concord being an amazing historic town with great downtown, and the priciest of the bunch). Acton has better schools than Westford and even Concord, I believe.
Good luck.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:24 AM

4,621 posts, read 4,887,043 times
Some people like Chelmsford (not me though)

Acton, Littleton, Concord, Westford, all great towns.

At 700k, you can find a nice place in Harvard too. Might feel a little Middle-of-nowhere though (it's not, but lots of empty spaces and horses)

Bolton, Boxborough, and Stow are good choices too.

Basically, any town between Hudson/Marlborough and Chelmsford along 495 is very nice with good to great schools - just not Hudson or Marlborough!

Berlin is nice, but you won't be near the schools (it's high school is shared and next door in Boylston) and it's very rural. IMHO, too far of a commute when you could afford much closer.

Carlsile has some charm, but I have no idea where the high school is! K-8 goes to the single school within Carlsile.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:09 AM

10,007 posts, read 15,647,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
Some people like Chelmsford (not me though)

Acton, Littleton, Concord, Westford, all great towns.

At 700k, you can find a nice place in Harvard too. Might feel a little Middle-of-nowhere though (it's not, but lots of empty spaces and horses)

Bolton, Boxborough, and Stow are good choices too.

Basically, any town between Hudson/Marlborough and Chelmsford along 495 is very nice with good to great schools - just not Hudson or Marlborough!

Berlin is nice, but you won't be near the schools (it's high school is shared and next door in Boylston) and it's very rural. IMHO, too far of a commute when you could afford much closer.

Carlsile has some charm, but I have no idea where the high school is! K-8 goes to the single school within Carlsile.
The high school is Concord -Carlisle.

Old 04-25-2014, 04:19 PM

10 posts, read 13,524 times
Thank you for the suggestions, I will look into these towns. It's nice to have a starting point now.

Old 04-25-2014, 05:12 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,638,276 times
All of the towns that have been mentioned have their charms. These towns do have very different personalities from one another. Do let us know your first impressions, after your initial visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts