Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2007, 11:27 PM

4 posts, read 12,583 times

Advertisements

We will be moving to Houston in mid January 2007. We currently live in a 1-bedroom apt here in Woburn, MA just about 20 mins. outside of Boston. Our lease won't expire until Feb 15, 2007 and we will need to pay another month's rent so I really, really, need help to find someone out there who might be looking for an apartment to rent in this area to continue to rent our unit. This will not be a sublet but rather a transfer of lease.

Our area is near shopping centers like the Burlington Mall, Whole Foods, Target, etc. It is just off I-93. If you've a kid, the Apt. is just across a very good elementary school. We will leave some furnitures like couch, solid oak entertainment center, dining table and chairs, and microwave oven if you need them. We've been here for 3.5 years and never had any problems. The complex is very well maintained and they've a swimming pool for the tenants and guests.

Last edited by ashley2007; 12-12-2007 at 12:33 AM.. Reason: add info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 09:39 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
How much is the monthly rent?

Old 12-12-2007, 11:06 AM

Our monthly rent right now is $1045

Old 12-17-2007, 10:34 PM

8 posts, read 23,171 times
Does your apt allow pets? I am actually moving to the Boston area in March/April and am looking for something very similar, I just can't leave my dog behind.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:05 AM

3 posts, read 7,084 times
Question More Information pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley2007 View Post
We will be moving to Houston in mid January 2007. We currently live in a 1-bedroom apt here in Woburn, MA just about 20 mins. outside of Boston. Our lease won't expire until Feb 15, 2007 and we will need to pay another month's rent so I really, really, need help to find someone out there who might be looking for an apartment to rent in this area to continue to rent our unit. This will not be a sublet but rather a transfer of lease.

Our area is near shopping centers like the Burlington Mall, Whole Foods, Target, etc. It is just off I-93. If you've a kid, the Apt. is just across a very good elementary school. We will leave some furnitures like couch, solid oak entertainment center, dining table and chairs, and microwave oven if you need them. We've been here for 3.5 years and never had any problems. The complex is very well maintained and they've a swimming pool for the tenants and guests.
I am looking at apartments in and around the Burlington area. Kindly provide the name of the apartment/community and how far this place is from the Burlington Mall. How furnished is it and how many sq feet are we talking about?

Thanks,

Old 12-18-2007, 06:38 AM

our place is about 650 sq. ft., 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom. The property is called Shaker Glen Village. it's just about 3 miles from the Burlington Mall just about 5-10 mins. drive. it's very convenient to restaurants and other shopping places too. You could walk to dunkin donuts, bank, mc donald's, etc.

since we are moving, we can leave some of our furnitures like couch & love seat, coffee table, side table with lamp, 4-seater dining table, entertainment center, microwave oven, rocking chair, 3-shelf metal space saver for the bathroom. so you'll basically just need a bed.

unfortunately, the management does not allow dogs in any of the units. We will be leaving on the 10th of January and we still have the place leased until Feb. 15. Let me know if you're interested and I can give you my number so we can talk further over the phone. Thanks!

Old 12-23-2007, 01:39 AM

65 posts, read 356,017 times
Quote:

Weird. We are also moving to Houston (Tomball actually, 20 miles NW of Downtown Houston) in Mid January. I CANNOT wait. Good luck finding someone.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:39 AM

Really! What made you decide to move to Houston? We're moving because of more promising job opportunities and NICE houses!!! I cannot wait to move there too. I like MA, love going to Boston for a stroll, but I just can't get used to the snow and bitter cold weather, it gets pretty exhausting. Also, the price of the houses are too expensive.

Tenants or not, we'll definitely move on schedule. Right now, I'm no longer betting on finding somebody to continue our lease. I'll just close my eyes as I give a check of month's worth rent to my landlord

Good luck on your move.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:53 PM

65 posts, read 356,017 times
Quote:
Really! What made you decide to move to Houston? We're moving because of more promising job opportunities and NICE houses!!! I cannot wait to move there too. I like MA, love going to Boston for a stroll, but I just can't get used to the snow and bitter cold weather, it gets pretty exhausting. Also, the price of the houses are too expensive.

Tenants or not, we'll definitely move on schedule. Right now, I'm no longer betting on finding somebody to continue our lease. I'll just close my eyes as I give a check of month's worth rent to my landlord

Good luck on your move.
Basically the same reasons. We got a great house in Tomball for less than we were paying for a 1 bedroom apt in NY. I've been here in Texas now for almost a month and absolutely love it. Good luck with your move. It's worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts