Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2014, 11:45 AM

1 posts, read 1,416 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My wife and I are in our early 30's and are looking for a new place. We currently live in the West End in Boston and love it, but we want something with more space, with a relatively easy commute to Boston.

We saw a place in the Marina Bay area of Quincy - in Harborside Condo's and really liked it. But I have heard that the area is not great - a lot of partying in the summer with Jersey Shore type of clientele. We don't mind the partying too much, but are worried about the noise/conjestion on the weekends. Have also heard that the planes overhead are very loud.

Anyone have experience with this complex or the area? Thoughts and comments are much appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 05:33 PM

12,848 posts, read 22,014,769 times
I think there's some movement to actually move the louder "jersey shore" nightlife out of the area. The Ocean Club (the main draw for partiers), is the site of a proposed condo development that will add a number of units and add some retail and restaurant space. Here's a recent story on it. Club drugs have been an issue there for a while and neighbors are none too pleased with it. It seems like it's going away sooner rather than later.

The area itself is pretty with nice harbor and skyline views. Aircraft noise does exist, but how it impacts you depends on how sensitive you are to that type of stuff. I imagine that you've gained good tolerance to noise living in the city, but you should drive down, park your car and listen for yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts