Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 06:05 AM

23,545 posts, read 18,693,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_greco View Post
thanks for the suggestions. we're renting first and we only need a 1 bedroom. we really want to stay under 1200 for rent. schools quality is unimportant but we would obviously prefer an area with low crime although we're in new bedford now, so i think most places would be an improvement in that area.

I'm using padmapper and there are quite a few available in attleboro at that price but only very few further north along i-95 until you get inside 93. framingham area has a lot, as well as some other places, but the commute to warwick would be too much
If she will be travelling by train, what's a few extra minutes? It is your commute that could be unpredictable (if you are going at rush hour). If you can't find anything further north than Attleboro (like in Mansfield), maybe just look there. Coming from New Bedford, it will seem like Mayberry. Do try and avoid the East Side, and much of S. Main St.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 06:21 AM

10,012 posts, read 15,659,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
There are basically two commuter systems. The subway which only goes out so far then commuter rail (trains) which go out pretty far. Both may require stop changes but usually subway stop changes are more convenient then train to subway stops. There are also bus lines and worth checking out. I know less about bus lines but as I said, worth checking out.

Typically subways are color coded (Red, Green), busses are numbered, and train lines are named.

Work backwards. Trace the subway/train/bus line from the location in town (Boston) and work out from there. The commute to Warwick will be by car so the need for public transportation will be more the deciding factor as to location.

Google MBTA.

Hope this helps.
No subway lines are out that far. They'd be using commuter rail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts