Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 02:31 PM

630 posts, read 2,226,246 times

Advertisements

Hi Packedandready,

I live in Bedford as well and just moved from SoCal in Oct of this year. Guess I have adjusted well to this weather. Puffle has seen me out and about ... lol, I usually wear jeans, t-shirt and a sweater. If it's snowing or below 30 I might wear a jacket instead. I must admit I do keep extra gear in my truck along with some other thins just in case. I think Puffle laughs at me, as well as the rest of New England, I guess you can take the woman out of California, but you can't take California out of the woman. (I was born and raised in CA 45+ years). If you see some strange woman walking around and she's not all bundled up .... it's probably me. (oh and I still wear my heels out and about .. I haven't fallen yet ...)

Take care ... maybe I will see you and your family around town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2007, 02:35 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,396,923 times
Miu,

I'm in western mass, and have to deal with lots of snow and mush. I'm thinking the muck boots would be good for those wet days. I actually may end up buying lots of shoes to give me more options! I love shoes!

Old 12-23-2007, 02:55 PM

One item I cannot live without is my puffer vest. I wear it indoors to keep me warm.

Old 12-23-2007, 03:25 PM

18,703 posts, read 33,366,372 times
I just bought low Arctic Sorels- very warm, light boots for ice , slush, and low snow. I have a pair of higher ones that weight about 10 pounds each for higher snow.
Everyone carries "office shoes" or whatever, and wears whatever makes sense.

Old 12-23-2007, 03:31 PM

brightdoglover,

You mean these Arctic Sorels? These are insulated boots for winter. I would like something like this as well.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh175/greenbeantoday/Picture5.png (broken link)

Old 12-23-2007, 04:44 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,942,077 times
I really like those boots as well! Think I"ll look for a Christmas gift for myself

You'll have to check out LLBean.com for all of your winter wear. The products that they carry are excellent quality, and everything comes 100% satisfaction guarantee, return policy is no questions asked. I've been very well satisfied with their products, their customer service, etc.

Have fun in the snow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
brightdoglover,

You mean these Arctic Sorels? These are insulated boots for winter. I would like something like this as well.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh175/greenbeantoday/Picture5.png (broken link)

Old 12-23-2007, 04:48 PM

I checked out L.L. Bean but I like to try shoes on first!

Old 12-23-2007, 05:05 PM

1,038 posts, read 3,995,488 times
I've had my boots for 20 years and love them. They are similar to the ones in this link by the same manufacturer: http://tinyurl.com/3xbmfa (broken link)
Rubber, watertight sole. The lining is removable and washable (always a nice feature). My lining is polartec but the one on this site is Thinsulate. I use thinsulate mittens (again, 20 years old) and it's just as good. I only need to wear a cotton athletic sock in these boots. That's how warm they are.
I would also recommend a tightly knit long sweater with a turtleneck underneath. If the knit is tight enough it keeps the cold out very well. Oftentimes, that's all I wear. But I'm a native so don't go by me! Polar fleece is good, too. But make sure it's of good quality. There's some really cheap stuff out there that is not as tightly knit as the good stuff.
If you can't wear wool socks, (they drive me crazy) put a cotton sport sock on first. Cotton absorbs moisture and is more comfortable.
Also remember that if you're walking, you'll generate heat. My kids swear by UnderArmour when they participate in outdoor winter sports. I've never used it. Too tight for me. Supposedly, it "breathes" but I prefer loose cotton with a good sweater.
I find that when my feet, hands and torso are warm, the legs naturally follow.
Now get out and get some exercise! You're a New Englander now!

Old 12-23-2007, 05:14 PM

240 posts, read 470,584 times
Have to say my boots keep me very warm, hmmmmmmmm, yes they do!

Old 12-23-2007, 05:22 PM

1,038 posts, read 3,995,488 times
Those look toasty Bingo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts