Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 07:54 AM

8,575 posts, read 12,398,483 times

Advertisements

Wow--great game! As a University of Michigan alum, I was pulling for Brady. Who could have predicted, when he left UofM, that his pro career would turn out so great?

I still can't believe that Seattle called for a pass play! Whew!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 08:41 AM

2,722 posts, read 6,109,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
Wow--great game! As a University of Michigan alum, I was pulling for Brady. Who could have predicted, when he left UofM, that his pro career would turn out so great?
If it weren't for Mo Lewis, there is a good chance Brady would be selling used cars in San Mateo right now.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:57 AM

8,547 posts, read 14,015,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
If it weren't for Mo Lewis, there is a good chance Brady would be selling used cars in San Mateo right now.
I was watching a documentary a while back and one of the coaches (can't remember if it was BB or Charlie Weis) stated that they were thinking of making a switch to Brady the following year anyway. Apparently, he was really impressing in practice. Of course, it's really easy to say that in hindsight but who's to say if they would have actually done it.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:09 AM

8,575 posts, read 12,398,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
Wow--that's amazing. You have a very appropriate screen name.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
I was watching a documentary a while back and one of the coaches (can't remember if it was BB or Charlie Weis) stated that they were thinking of making a switch to Brady the following year anyway. Apparently, he was really impressing in practice. Of course, it's really easy to say that in hindsight but who's to say if they would have actually done it.
Very possible. A lot of it would depend on the year Bledsoe would've had. Tough to see them making a QB change had they gone on to win the east. Although he was on a downward trajectory at that point having rough 1999 and 2000 seasons.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
Wow--that's amazing. You have a very appropriate screen name.
Certainly not knocking your boy Brady. I think with this win he has without question surpassed Larry 'Legend' Bird as number 1 local sports God.

Just pointing out that Mo Lewis hit effectively ended one career, launched another to super stardom, and made a franchise.

Old 02-02-2015, 10:39 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,862,231 times
I thought about spending time in my workshop instead of watching the SB game. After all I didn't have a dog in the fight. Boy am I glad I watched. That has to be the best Super Bowl game ever. Seattle is definitely a great team and the Patriots are true champions.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:47 PM

24,557 posts, read 18,235,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydew View Post
Really? What position were you playing?
I didn't realize Robert Kraft posted on the city-data Massachusetts forum.

That was quite the emotional swing the last 2 minutes and 5 seconds of the game. From "Oh no, I saw this in 2008" to both arms in the air screaming "Pick!" after the interception.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:54 PM

24,557 posts, read 18,235,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
I remember the WEEI guys talking up this unknown guy Brady as being surprisingly good a year+ before Bledsoe went down. In Brady's rookie year, New England had 3 quarterbacks on the roster. Unless you were a beat reporter attending practices or were an independently wealthy Pats superfan doing the same, I don't think anyone could have seen it coming.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:58 PM

24,464 posts, read 17,207,356 times
What a game what a game. They played a great game and did everything they had to win and I hate to say it but they got lucky at the end. It was great that the Football Gods shined on Brady and said "Not This Time Tom" after that ridiculous catch.
I still can't feel the Victory 100% because I feel they lucked out but you know what WE will Take It!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts