Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 11:21 AM

3,176 posts, read 3,697,239 times

Advertisements

Nice rant, especially your dig at working mothers who bust their ass every day so they and their kids can live a nice life instead of having to do without anything fun.

While the apartment you think is old and disgusting may not be up to your standards, it's actually very nice for the area, especially at that price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 12:07 PM

17 posts, read 19,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dm84 View Post
Nice rant, especially your dig at working mothers who bust their ass every day so they and their kids can live a nice life instead of having to do without anything fun.

While the apartment you think is old and disgusting may not be up to your standards, it's actually very nice for the area, especially at that price.
Not a dig. Know my priorities. Didn't say disgusting. I've moved and lived enough places to know what I like and what I don't and what I'll end up dealing with.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:11 PM

10,022 posts, read 15,665,421 times
For $1000 bucks, that apartment is not bad at all.

I realize you can rent a whole house in other parts of the country for the same money, not the case here.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:14 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
For $1000 bucks, that apartment is not bad at all.

I realize you can rent a whole house in other parts of the country for the same money, not the case here.
For well more than $1000 that it isn't bad. Are we looking at the same place? Lovely hardwood floors in the living room and kitchen. Nice kitchen with island. New, or newish carpeting in bedrooms. Great old school tub. I'm at a loss how it can be much better.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:17 PM

3,176 posts, read 3,697,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
For well more than $1000 that it isn't bad. Are we looking at the same place? Lovely hardwood floors in the living room and kitchen. Nice kitchen with island. New, or newish carpeting in bedrooms. Great old school tub. I'm at a loss how it can be much better.
OP was expecting new construction. Not going to happen. Lol

Old 03-24-2015, 12:23 PM

10,022 posts, read 15,665,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Well, the kitchen could be nicer but the apartment is only $1000. The rooms are good sized with nice moldings, it has a sun porch. It comes with a garage space. OP doesn't like antiques.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:26 PM

O went and looked it is a different picture now. The place in the picture is nice

Old 03-24-2015, 12:28 PM

The picture the first time I looked was not that nice

Old 03-24-2015, 12:29 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Well, the kitchen could be nicer but the apartment is only $1000. The rooms are good sized with nice moldings, it has a sun porch. It comes with a garage space. OP doesn't like antiques.

I've never lived anyplace with such a nice kitchen. I feel robbed.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutout View Post
Go tell your husband to take a cut in pay so he can help out the company he works for. He is being greedy and is a crook and is taking advantage of his company.

Your opinion is very self-centered and hypocritical and perhaps reading about basic economics, supply and demand, and capitalism will help you understand the situation a little more.
How much do of a cut do you want him to take. They already have taken advantage of him to the point that is indescibable. He doesn't earn enough to take care of his family and is heart broken. The companies hire from other countries single men that all live in a one room apartment together sharing the outrageous rent and helping one another speaking in their foreign language excluding my husband so that it becomes very difficult for him to do his job. The companies bait and switch. They offer a contract. Then when the contract is signed they say no that was 3 month contract, when the original contract was signed for a yr but it just so happens the financial yr ends in 3 months. They pay travel pay but it is nowhere near meeting the cost of the expense of replacing a car after it has been driven that many miles because the miles are from move after after move also. No company pays moving nowdays. They will not offer a job where we are living . It is always a job 2-3 hrs away. I have taken basic economics . I only have a introductory acquaitance w/ formal studies of supply and demand and capitalism. I am 51 yrs old and there is no way that you can convince me it is all about capitalism and not some of just plain old greed and uncaring unkind unthinking selfishish selfcentered selfserving probably OWM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts