Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 05:33 PM

165 posts, read 115,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Yeah, it's pretty sad. I was there in the gym and attended a conference in the cafeteria, and I had visions of Morgan Freeman in "Lean on Me." The INSIDE of the building was tagged with graffiti. It was all the rage when it opened...50 years ago.
That building is gone. A brand new North High was built and opened in 2011. It's still a war zone in a pretty package.
That's the HS in our district. My kids attended Lakeview for K-6. After that we sent them to private school. I wouldn't send them to East Middle or North.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 06:52 AM

1,395 posts, read 5,083,501 times
Looks like North High has had a few locations over the years. The North High on Salisbury Street was converted into condominiums and is still standing. Is the one on Harrington Way torn down?

Old 05-14-2015, 05:07 PM

165 posts, read 115,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyCrash View Post
Looks like North High has had a few locations over the years. The North High on Salisbury Street was converted into condominiums and is still standing. Is the one on Harrington Way torn down?
Yes. They built the new one on the same the property.

Old 05-14-2015, 06:57 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,254,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBrady11 View Post
That building is gone. A brand new North High was built and opened in 2011. It's still a war zone in a pretty package.
That's the HS in our district. My kids attended Lakeview for K-6. After that we sent them to private school. I wouldn't send them to East Middle or North.
This sounds like a few urban high schools here in Texas. They build these Taj Mahals in the hood...massive, beautiful buildings with 4000 plus kids that end upon the news, and not for the good reasons. I'd take my safe, podunk high school experience any day of the week.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:17 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,135,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
This sounds like a few urban high schools here in Texas. They build these Taj Mahals in the hood...massive, beautiful buildings with 4000 plus kids that end upon the news, and not for the good reasons. I'd take my safe, podunk high school experience any day of the week.
...which is why an intelligent person buys in Holden, Paxton, Sterling, Boylston, Shrewsbury and enjoys a relatively modest COL and quality schools, albeit at a higher price than Worcester. Or, buys more sqft/charm in the northwest section of Worcester and financially plans to ship their kid(s) to St. John's, Peter-Marion, Holy Name, etc.

There are neighborhoods in Worcester which are affluent, safe, and beautifully built/maintained ... but you still end up sharing middle/high schools with the folks who end up in the Worcester T&G for moving class 1 narcotics and meddling in local gang activity.

IMO, the nicest parts of Worcester have a similar COL as the middle-of-the-road neighborhoods in the Wachusett towns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts