Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 07:13 AM

4,848 posts, read 11,805,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
Are there really that many people in Wellesley and newton with fake boobs these days? Overall this state is not nearly as plastic as some other states. The focus is on kids education and not boobs. So anyways that just suprises me.
It's not just the plastic. Women here just don't wear as much makeup in general and many don't even bother to brush their hair. It's come to the point where women who take care of themselves actually stand out from the crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
I spend most of my days in the Needham/Newton/Wellesley area and its pretty rare that I see any enhanced women.
You can't tell from the quick glance that all men give to the opposite sex. Apparently you're not staring for as long as G-fused does to come to that conclusion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 07:20 AM

10,006 posts, read 15,647,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
It's not just the plastic. Women here just don't wear as much makeup in general and many don't even bother to brush their hair. It's come to the point where women who take care of themselves actually stand out from the crowd.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone. I don't really care what other women do, but it's just something I've noticed as a man after living and visiting many other cities in the US. There are many pretty women here who go out in sweats and a messy ponytail. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but it's just different in other metro areas. You know what they say, confident women with brains don't feel the need to compensate with makeup.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:40 AM

226 posts, read 386,409 times
Quote:
It's not just the plastic. Women here just don't wear as much makeup in general and many don't even bother to brush their hair. It's come to the point where women who take care of themselves actually stand out from the crowd
Truth.

I don't understand it. I've lived in both extremes and the middle .... Here, NYC and Boca.... Only NYC does it right. Women take care of themselves but aren't caricatures of women like they can be in Florida.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:54 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:

That's one of the best things about Boston women. They don't use much, if any, make up. It's awesome. I recently started spending time with a woman that is always wearing lipstick. It's the only downside of her that I've found yet (sh*t is gross).

Old 06-23-2015, 09:53 AM

134 posts, read 218,859 times
Am I the only one here that secretly enjoy G-fused passion about Brookline? =)

I think Brookline is better for OP. I lived in (the down-to-earth part) of Newton and Lexington, and truth be told if I have a limitless budget, my dream town will be Brookline. Great Commute, restaurants, great school, parks, it's quite perfect really.

But when the median SFH and Townhouse listing price in Brookline is more than $2.5m (just did a quick search on redfin), I simply cannot afford to live there.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:21 PM

6,457 posts, read 7,789,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claiz View Post
Am I the only one here that secretly enjoy G-fused passion about Brookline? =)

I think Brookline is better for OP. I lived in (the down-to-earth part) of Newton and Lexington, and truth be told if I have a limitless budget, my dream town will be Brookline. Great Commute, restaurants, great school, parks, it's quite perfect really.

But when the median SFH and Townhouse listing price in Brookline is more than $2.5m (just did a quick search on redfin), I simply cannot afford to live there.
Finally, someone who doesn't have a stick in their bum. I was beginning to feel like I wandered into a forum where Newton was a person’s name and everyone else were his defense attorneys.

It seems like too many have gone mad (maybe me too). The torches were lit and the march towards my place was underway.

I’m just some nut on the Internets people. I could be wearing a moo moo with my underwear on my head and a hat on my privates. I never heard of Brookline and actually reside in Czechoslovakia and thought Newton was a moist cookie.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
Finally, someone who doesn't have a stick in their bum. I was beginning to feel like I wandered into a forum where Newton was a person’s name and everyone else were his defense attorneys.

It seems like too many have gone mad (maybe me too). The torches were lit and the march towards my place was underway.

I’m just some nut on the Internets people. I could be wearing a moo moo with my underwear on my head and a hat on my privates. I never heard of Brookline and actually reside in Czechoslovakia and thought Newton was a moist cookie.
I don't think anyone was favoring Newton over Brookline. I also thought Brookline was a better fit for the OP. We just wanted to point out that both are very wealthy and you can't really say Newton is more materialistic than Brookline based on your small circle of friends. There are down to earth people in both towns, just as there are materialistic people in both towns. They both have a very large population for MA standards.

BTW, I believe your last paragraph. Remember this:
//www.city-data.com/forum/38604408-post26.html

Old 06-23-2015, 01:48 PM

6,457 posts, read 7,789,115 times
Quote:
That’s an old pic of me though...before I let myself go.

Old 06-23-2015, 02:09 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,720,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklyn2nj View Post
Thanks all. The job part is tricky, because we already know that the company is moving next year, they just don't know quite where yet. Currently near UMass/Dorchester but moving somewhere more central, I think. Arlington is a better commute for current location, but Brookline seems to have enough options that it could work for the next one, possibly.
Are there any interesting towns along the commuter rails, or do those towns feel much further out?

PJ
I suggest you rent for a year until you know where the company will be located. Narrow it down to maybe the one town you like best and rent there but be ready if the company relocation screws the pooch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts