Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2006, 07:46 AM

1 posts, read 9,855 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are about to relocate to the area. We are in our mid 30's with a small daughter 19 months and another on the way (due April 07). I'll be working in Framingham. The above places are some that we are considering. Thoughts people? any one better than the other for our needs?
We are also looking for any recommendations on day cares. We are looking for part time at first and eventually full time, but we preffer to go on recommendations. Any suggestions there?
Appreciate all the help we can get....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2007, 08:40 AM

1 posts, read 9,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1canobe View Post
My husband and I are about to relocate to the area. We are in our mid 30's with a small daughter 19 months and another on the way (due April 07). I'll be working in Framingham. The above places are some that we are considering. Thoughts people? any one better than the other for our needs?
We are also looking for any recommendations on day cares. We are looking for part time at first and eventually full time, but we preffer to go on recommendations. Any suggestions there?
Hi. my wife and I use a day care in Shrewsbury, run out of her own home. She is very good and reasonably priced.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:02 PM

1 posts, read 9,586 times
Default home day care

can anyone give me some recommendation about any good home day care in and around shrewsbury area

Old 10-19-2007, 04:49 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,739,063 times
Default Day Care Recommendations

Quote:
I am a Day Care Provider not in your area but....the best advise that I could give you is whatever day care that you choose, always go with your gut instinct. If you hesitate even once, that is not the right choice...you need to be able to go out to your job, close the door and know that your child is safe and happy.

Good Luck to you!

Old 10-24-2007, 08:18 AM

1 posts, read 9,549 times
Default Great Day care reply Northboro, Southboro, Westboro area

Hello~ I currently work in Westborough, MA and I am using a family daycare located in Upton, MA. It is less than 10 mins from Westborough. I really love this daycare! The care is fantastic! The woman who runs it has been doing daycare for many years (15 or so) and she is great with the kids. I have been with her for approx 2 years now and have never had a problem. My two girls (3 & 1) absolutely love the daycare and the woman who runs it. One great thing about the daycare is that there are never more than 5 kids per day (usually less). The house is very kid freindly and safe. They have a nice back yard with lots of toys (& they spend a LOT of time outside and not in front of the tv). I highly reccomend this daycare! Deb Comisky is the woman who runs the daycare, she is located on Fowler Road in Upton Ma. 508.529.6332 is her number, and she takes kids as there is space available.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:47 PM

2 posts, read 7,539 times
Quote:
Hi, my husband and I are also in our 30's and moving to westborough on April with our 9 month old daughter. Did you end up finding a daycare you liked and if so would you mind sharing the name as well as any other advice/recommendations regarding childcare and the town?
Thanks!
Tara

Old 02-24-2012, 11:32 AM

6 posts, read 33,219 times
I have used NGCC with both my kids. My little one still goes there. Very pleased with the teachers we had.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:07 AM

2 posts, read 7,539 times
Thanks! We very much appreciate all the help!

Old 02-26-2012, 12:21 PM

925 posts, read 2,741,603 times
If you're working on Framingham you may want to consider Holliston & Hopkinton as well - the schools are also rated quite well and there's lots of great activities for families. Holliston has an award-winning program for French immersion in elementary school & is one of only two in the state that offer the program. I've heard good things about the Learning Center childcare in Hopkinton but they tend to fill up fast.

There are also some active moms clubs & newcomers clubs in the area where you can get more detailed info on daycare options in each town.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:08 PM

609 posts, read 2,242,594 times
Knowledge beginnings in East Main street in Westborough, off of Rt 9.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts